Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - in the darkness I will meet my creators

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

A Random Event Has Occurred!

As the queen and the once-queen, the two women who have each been unmade and remade, speak above the shoreline something in the water is listening.

Or rather it is many somethings, millions of them, little bits of life that the naked eye could never see - were they not lit like stars, like some far moon. There, buoyed along by the tides, organisms so numerous and bright paint the beach like a new constellation, like the birthplace of planets. On a normal night, in a normal place, they would simply wash out again like the tide, leaving no trace of their wonder -

but on this island it is magic, and not the moon, who shapes the meaning on its shores.

Somewhere in the deep a dragon is singing, a tongue unheard for such a long time, and the blue light swirls in patterns like sighs, like a firefly dance. At first it is only for the motion of the water and the joy of that dance that they move and shimmer, but then - oh then! - more patterns begin to flicker in the blackness and blue. It is their own silent music they dance to, now, and if they had voices they would all be crying out look, look! Shapes that shouldn’t be flicker sapphire bright and fade again to blackness. They look like an island, like a frothing volcano, like a horse. They look like a castle, like a bird. They look like stranger things, writhing shapes far below the surface of the sea, deeper than even a sea-dragon might dive. They look like secrets that have chosen to show themselves only to two queens, ever breaking, ever healing.

They tell the story of the island and the magic and all the beautiful things it is begging to make. And then the patterns fall to nothing more than nature and the sigh of bioluminescent organisms on a quiet midnight tide.

But maybe they wonder if they were seen at all. And maybe they hope they were.

@Seraphina and @Isra might notice that is more than their magic changing the glowing sea. Shapes are starting to reveal themselves in the tide that is not acting like any tide should. Do any of the shapes look familiar, or are all the organisms dancing for two mares that do not even notice them?

Each participant will be awarded +300 signos for encountering a Random Event! How you reply is up to you; feel free to NPC anything from this event.

Enjoy!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: in the darkness I will meet my creators - by Isra - 06-23-2019, 11:01 PM
RE: in the darkness I will meet my creators - by Isra - 07-13-2019, 07:41 PM
RE: in the darkness I will meet my creators - by Random Events - 07-24-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: in the darkness I will meet my creators - by Isra - 08-04-2019, 07:56 PM