Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - -- All My Fear Is Coming Home

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

Time passes around them, but when she is with Isra, she feels as though they are timeless. As if time cannot restrict them, because being with Isra is as effortless as breathing. Being around her is natural. It is enough to forget the burn in her lungs. The soft flesh of Isra's shoulder brushes against hers as they race toward the island together. She makes a promise with thorns, that she will always return. Noctiilucent remains silent, but there is a smile on her face. It will not quell her worries the next time, if there is a next time, this happens. Noctiilucent is only grateful that her friend is home. The island spills before them and only then does Isra slow. Her ivory pillars halt the ocean of gold, black and ivory that is her bodice. Isra tells her that she came home when Denocte started burning. Fable cries out in response to these words, and Noctiilucent can feel the cry in her bones. It rattles them like the cage. She did not know Denocte was set ablaze, the island was her first stop after Dawn. Noctii breathes out when Isra's magic coils around them like a snake ready to strike. She wants to know why Noctii was stuck in the Dawn court. Noctiilucent draws a few more breaths before she has an answer for her friend. "Denocte burned? How?" She asks first, the fact had burned itself into her mind.

Noctiilucent felt for her newfound kin. The moon loved the sun enough to take in his ashes. The huntress stares at Isra with some hesitation. The hesitation is not for her, but for fear of being overheard. "There were murders. They closed their gates while I was there. I think that I am lucky they didn't think me the killer." Noctii cast her gaze skyward toward Fable. Though the news she spilled like fresh ink on blank pages was horrible, she smiles at Fable. She is excited to see his growth, and that he is still with Isra. A magical companion for someone whose soul bled magic like stories from orators. Her gaze returns to Isra, it is clear to see that she is happy. Noctii reaches her muzzle out to Isra, offering a gentle brush against her cheek. It carries with it a silent invitation to continue on their new hunt. She has not forgotten Isra's eagerness for such a hunt. It is the first time they will share more than sad stories. This story will be a grand reunion of two friends, of two huntresses. It will be an adventure of bravery in the face of the unknown. A story that Noctii will spill onto pages with real ink, and not just the feelings in her heart. "I spent time in their library. I think that I want to tell the stories of the world. To write them.  I want to write them as beautifully as you tell them, so that the world might be as captivated by you as I am. By the world as I am... I think that starts with our hunt, Isra. Fable. Let's bring home a story Denocte will be proud of." She speaks with a newfound breath of life.

Noctii pulls herself forward, but she does not go much farther than a few feet. She stares back at Isra expectantly, she has no doubt that her Queen will join her. Her friend.

"Speech" Thoughts

Notes: Noctii loves Isra so much <3 
Tags: @Isra

I was wandering under black skies
Clutching at what is mine

Messages In This Thread
-- All My Fear Is Coming Home - by Noctiilucent - 06-22-2019, 08:51 PM
RE: -- All My Fear Is Coming Home - by Isra - 06-26-2019, 12:13 PM
RE: -- All My Fear Is Coming Home - by Noctiilucent - 07-06-2019, 12:11 PM
RE: -- All My Fear Is Coming Home - by Isra - 07-14-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: -- All My Fear Is Coming Home - by Noctiilucent - 07-30-2019, 07:59 PM
RE: -- All My Fear Is Coming Home - by Isra - 08-09-2019, 01:31 PM