Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- a rose by any other name // relic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kassandra

kassandra
Ipomoea's gentle concern and his genuine happiness at her lack of bodily injury warmed Kassandra. Finding a kind stranger on the island helped her not feel quite so alone. "I've lived through worse," she said quietly, eyes shifting bashfully towards the dirt, made girlishly embarrassed now by his kindness.

She averted her eyes and followed his gaze towards the forest, ears perking up as he spoke. Odd. "Odd is... one way to put it, yes," she agreed. He was not wrong-- a mystical forest popping up seemingly overnight on a new landmass which should have been barren and made of black, still-forming rock, was, indeed, odd. But... Kassandra swallowed. It was deeper than that. "It's something oppressive," she murmured, more to herself but still aloud, "like... like thunder."

In keeping with his incredibly complicated coat pattern and generally over-the-top social behaviors, the green-and-white stallion responded to Po's simple question with an unnecessarily convoluted answer. Kassandra blinked at him, silvery eyes glowing under slightly tilted brows which conveyed an intense feeling of being underwhelmed. "I don't think it's nearly so complicated," she said, voice flat. "I am just me, you are just you. The world sees the same person, just from different directions." Still, the deep philosophical undertones of their conversation, while not particularly exciting, posed a nice distraction from the constant fear and adrenaline coursing through her body since she first stepped foot on the mysterious island.

The thought of the whole world somehow being terraformed into a clone of their current surroundings scared her, on many levels. She was unused to traveling through such terrain; this was nothing new, of course, because, having lived locked in a tower for the majority of her young life, every terrain was new to her.

There were also more basic fears and discomforts that plagued her: she found she despised the heat and the wet, humid thickness of the air; in places, the jungle canopy was so thick it masked the sky and covered her beloved stars; and she was getting quite sick of the color green, she noted, casting a quiet, queasy glance in Coy's direction. "I don't know how much more color I can handle," Kass said, earnest and slightly shaky, plucking a stray leaf from her mane with gentle telekinesis.

She listened to Coy monologue for a moment and wondered if he was always this insufferably wordy, or if it was just the jungle which made him act so. She didn't mind it overmuch, of course, but his words were making her think, and her mind was already so tired. Also, she supposed, he wouldn't be able to understand quite where she was coming from without the particularly stinky context. Torn between showing Coy she was not just philosophizing and potentially scaring away her new friends, she reached out with her mind to Oculos, trying to locate him in the forest. His return ping was clearly distracted, potentially by some other rancid delicacy of the jungle, and he assured her he would be on his way momentarily.

Po's response about his winged hocks struck her so similarly to Septimus' explanation on his antlers and wings. Kassandra couldn't help but pout. She wanted ankle feathers and wings and horns! All she had were horrible visions of doomed futures and terrible luck.

Kass was so focused on being bitter about the lot handed out to her in life that she didn't even realize her question may have come across as rude. "They are wonderful," she said, earnest, star-struck, and a little sad.

Coyote was right. Currently, his name was far too complex for her tired brain. "It's a good name for you," she told the green-hued stallion, nodding slightly.

Po's question made her hesitate. She had not really thought about why she'd come to the island. Because it seemed the obvious thing to do, maybe? Because she had an unyielding curiosity and sense of adventure? Or was there something else? Something that danced at the back of her mind, which called for her to move with it, but drifted away when she reached out?

"I'm here, I think, because of... my dreams," she said finally, voice a soft breath, and she winced.

kassandra | 700  words | @IPOMOEA @Huehuecoyotl i've forgotten how to rp in the last two weeks, sorry 

Messages In This Thread
a rose by any other name // relic - by Ipomoea - 06-23-2019, 11:38 AM
RE: a rose by any other name - by Kassandra - 06-24-2019, 08:14 PM
RE: a rose by any other name - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-26-2019, 07:17 PM
RE: a rose by any other name - by Ipomoea - 07-03-2019, 01:47 PM
RE: a rose by any other name // relic - by Kassandra - 07-08-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: a rose by any other name // relic - by Ipomoea - 08-16-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: a rose by any other name // relic - by Kassandra - 08-29-2019, 12:44 PM
RE: a rose by any other name // relic - by Ipomoea - 12-09-2019, 06:33 PM