Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- a rose by any other name // relic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

rose-colored boy

As the other stallion announces his leave, Ipomoea turns to him in surprise. “Oh,” for a moment, his brain refuses to connect, and words fail to come to him.

He shakes his head, a quick, jerking motion.

“The pleasure was all mine,” he says warmly, extending his muzzle. “Enjoy the island, Hue. Maybe I’ll see you around it?” He doubted the brightly-colored stallion would be hard to spot, either in the forest or on the beach. Ipomoea made a mental note to keep an eye out for him - perhaps their next meeting would turn out more pleasantly.

He watches as the stallion disappears into the underbrush, leaves and vines trembling in his wake. After a moment, he turns back to Kassandra. His eyes are bright, searching her’s.

“You said your dreams brought you here,” he says at last, and his voice is quiet. All around them the trees seem to be moving, leaning in. As if listening. Ipomoea casts a glance towards them.

“Would you tell me about them? Your dreams?”

He would understand if she didn’t. The island had its secrets, why wouldn’t the people, also?

But Ipomoea has always been a good secret-keeper. And there was no one else around to betray her trust.

He smiles at her, slow and soft as he dips his head. Flower petals tumble from his crown.

“Or we could just walk, no need to talk,” he says, and he’s already stepping forward to continue along the trail. And thus they go, two in one direction, and one in another.

yesterday i
was clever,
so i wanted
to change
the world

today i am wise
so i am changing

myself

@kassandra @Huehuecoyotl !
”here am i!“

Messages In This Thread
a rose by any other name // relic - by Ipomoea - 06-23-2019, 11:38 AM