Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- tender, morbid and streaming power;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Valefor

there's no going back
when you cross the line
He cannot help the way that he shies away from her surprise and her panic, the way his ears pin back against his skull and he tries to curl into himself, make himself much smaller than his towering height could ever allow. Even his tail tucks beneath him, almost brushing against his stomach, and he might have looked pitiful if not for the fact that the bulk of his body only made him look faintly ridiculous.

He longs for the cobblestone streets of Caeleste, sometimes, that he could be back to when he and Hex had run amongst the alleys together, back before the growth spurt that had sent him towering above his peers. They had been hungry, after the tavern owner had left them to their own devices, and they had never quite known where they would be sleeping at night, but he had still been small enough to hide away from the stares and the anger.

There is no hiding, now, not when he had shot up like a weed to tower above most people, not when he had almost eaten Alderaan out of house and home when Winnifred would bring him over to visit and it had never been enough, not when he’d been growing so fast and so much that his body basically demanded fuel at all times.

He breathes out when her lips touch his forehead, lowering his head so that it might be easier for her to reach him, and his own muzzle presses into the curve of her neck. How long has it been, since he has been shown the kindness of a family member, since he has felt like he belongs somewhere or to something other than himself and the terrible curse he carries?

“I’m glad to meet you,” He will tell her about Hex later, he decides, will tell her about how their brother has disowned them all, about how Hex had grown bitter and cruel in their homeland. “Have you -- have you ever met our father? All I know of him is in the letter he sent me… I had hoped you might be able to tell me about him.”

credits

@Iscariot

Messages In This Thread
tender, morbid and streaming power; - by Iscariot - 06-27-2019, 10:02 PM
RE: tender, morbid and streaming power; - by Valefor - 08-05-2019, 06:31 PM
RE: tender, morbid and streaming power; - by Iscariot - 08-12-2019, 12:02 AM
RE: tender, morbid and streaming power; - by Valefor - 08-25-2019, 01:29 PM
RE: tender, morbid and streaming power; - by Iscariot - 09-30-2019, 11:09 PM
RE: tender, morbid and streaming power; - by Valefor - 10-21-2019, 08:36 PM
RE: tender, morbid and streaming power; - by Iscariot - 10-27-2019, 06:48 PM