Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Jewel of the Sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jaylin

rulers make bad lovers
you better put your kingdom up for sale

Her ears perk forward at the strange sound of the other speaking, the way the water distorted the noise from how it would sound on land, and she almost forgets to keep correcting herself in the wake of the currents until she realizes she’s drifted off to the side a bit and has to correct in order to bring herself back to facing the other mare head-on. “My name is Jaylin,” she introduces herself, and the bubbles come rolling from her mouth and her gills, although her voice lacks the almost echolocation sound -- and probably carried far less than the other mare’s as a result, sounding almost like a whisper amongst the waves.

“I haven’t been here before. I was… trapped, away from here, for a long time. I am not used to swimming in such waters.” It is likely evident, in the way she struggles to keep her balance amongst the currents, in the way she overcorrects each time, as though she were a newborn child and not a fully-grown adult. Then again -- she might as well have been a newborn, for all that she knows of the ocean.

“I am… not meant to be in the water. I was cursed into this strange form.” It was frustrating to have escaped the oasis only to find imprisonment in her own body, in her own ignorance -- how was she to catch the sea witch when she could barely swim, could barely even keep herself from being pushed around by the currents? Her fins flare at the thought, especially the ridge along her neck, the small spines sticking straight up in a sign of discomfort.

“What are you?”

credits

@Below Zero ;lkjhgfd

Messages In This Thread
Jewel of the Sea - by Below Zero - 06-28-2019, 09:29 AM
RE: Jewel of the Sea - by Jaylin - 07-03-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: Jewel of the Sea - by Below Zero - 07-28-2019, 09:21 PM
RE: Jewel of the Sea - by Jaylin - 08-25-2019, 02:43 PM
RE: Jewel of the Sea - by Below Zero - 08-30-2019, 02:15 PM