Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - it hurts but cures

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Inferi

@Maerys

Marbled skin tingles with delight as the subject of her unholy eyes, oh so exquisite in her slender bones and pale violet eyes, takes the bait unwittingly, naivety in every syllable flung blunt in her defense. Oh, Caligo, thank you. This girl, she has no idea how much work has gone into crafting such a sickness of the mind, has no idea what it is like to be thrown into the wilds without a weapon or a friend. A grin splits her features, a twisted facsimile of something meant to convey delight becoming a vicious baring of teeth. How many times had they been stained red? Would they drip crimson again today? Patience, she knew, was the key to this game: it was more enjoyable to antagonist, to lead her prey into a trap of their own making than to simply immolate … as much fun as that can be. Well, she supposed she didn’t have a choice since her magic had been stripped from her, so cruelly by the hands that had once molded her into a most formidable tool of destruction. Inferi replies, a soft, “ah,” as if she is sympathetic to the girl’s plight, yet her posture conveys that she is anything but. She takes a bold step toward the water-logged maiden, feathers fluttering with barely contained excitement. “Yet, here you stand,” is her cultured continuation, her voice eerily soft now: Une petite fille, all alone in the rain.”

A low, rumbling laughter bubbles up from somewhere deep inside her hollowed out chamber of a chest, her heart abducted many years before by the flames that had once engulfed her. All magic requires sacrifice, after all, and what a small, pitiful price to pay for absolute power. Oh, but Antioch could not - would not - be outdone. He was The Only Son, The Prince of Darkness, The Harbinger of Darkness and Destruction. Only He could have ultimate control, and she had no doubt in her mind that she had been set up to fail for her final mission. He could have no competition, would not be questioned, and she was simply too blinded by her youthful ambition to see it any earlier. She is wiser now, yet still her blood rushes at the thought of control, her eyes skimming lovingly, longingly, over every pinprick of weakness on this innocent feminine body before her. “What a shame it would be if something ... terrible were to happen …” Her vocal inflection, softly rising lyrics, make it known that she is thinking, but of what, one cannot be sure. She is speaking as kindly as any lady in waiting, a proper, soft-spoken female, she thinks.

Certainly she is mocking this poor girl’s defenselessness in the face of her own rugged brutality, and by reading the girl’s body language she can only assume that her point is getting through. Maerys is not safe here, not with this winged demon, this vision of death disguised as pied beauty. Ah, but shouldn’t death be beautiful? “Do you need protecting, chaton? Again, feathers reach for the fae, her wing stretching out slowly as her shapely head tilted, a caress of the spine meant to entice and frighten all at once. “Tell me your name, cherie,” she coos. “They call me Inferi.” Inferi:The Infernal One. Jaguar Love didn’t know how accurate her bastard child’s name would be.

Une petite fille: a little girl

Chaton: kitten

Cherie: darling

omg thnk u sob i think yours is so beautiful too, so rich in detail and !! i love maerys so much!! i'm sorry inferi is so terrible!!!

i want to be set on fire

Messages In This Thread
it hurts but cures - by Maerys - 06-28-2019, 10:00 PM
RE: it hurts but cures - by Inferi - 07-03-2019, 03:08 PM
RE: it hurts but cures - by Maerys - 07-04-2019, 12:03 AM
RE: it hurts but cures - by Inferi - 07-05-2019, 05:48 PM
RE: it hurts but cures - by Random Events - 07-24-2019, 10:44 PM
RE: it hurts but cures - by Maerys - 07-31-2019, 10:30 PM