Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Morning breaks like splatter paint [Relic Hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 6
Signos: 530
Inactive Character

live my life without coming up for air

He had promised to stay close, to not stray or wander out of sight – and yet the Prince of Delumine had managed to do just that, wandering past the point of knowing which way he had even come from.

His lessons had taught him how to know which direction was where, and yet standing in the middle of a forest with a cacophony of strange, foreign sounds that seemed to surround him and not a familiar face in sight, Regis’ mind was left reeling and struggled to recall those lessons. Panic threatened to settle deep in his bones and cause his muscles to tense and freeze, even as he tried to rationalize that he couldn’t be that far away from the others, that he couldn’t possibly have gone as far as it appeared he had. Swallowing thickly past the lump that had formed in his throat, the yearling drew a deep breath as he willed himself to stay calm and clear his mind. He was fine, he was safe, he could do this, and – …

Off to his left he heard something move, his body flinching as he turned to face whoever, or whatever it was, a single gasp filling his lungs with air in preparation to flee. With a sliver of optimism he hoped to lay eyes on the russet form of his companion emerging from the bushes, having realized with a start that Milo was absent from his side. Refusing to take a step back just yet though his body demanded it, Regis swallowed again and steeled himself as he spoke up. “W-… Who’s there?” His voice betrayed him as it wavered, sounding far too much like the boy he was rather than the fearless man he desired to be.

"Speaking."

Open to all!
credits

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Uzuri had been so busy with training and everything that the goings on with the island had been shoved to the back of her mind. Having the morning off instead of meeting for sparring, she decided to check out this crazy island and bridge that everyone seemed to be talking about. She left before dawn, using her wings to propel herself through the chilly air.

The morning had fully blossomed when she landed on the bridge and tucked her wings. There was an air of mystery and foreboding all around her as she gazed at the island and the cooled lava under her hooves. Shaking her head, the blue roan splash pegasus stepped forward, her white legs flashing in the warm sunlight as the rays danced over her back and revealed the ebony stripes across her hips. Pale blue tribal markings seemed to nearly glow in the soft light. Her brother would be extremely vain in this place if he was with her. Stupid blockhead was always trying to make everyone believe that he was the best looking thing on four hooves. Uzuri cringed at the idea of any mare actually falling for him and having to live with his obnoxiousness.

Thoughts of her black appaloosa brother distracted her as she drifted onto the island and into the trees, only paying attention enough to note obstacles in her way. Rustling leaves nearby brought her back to the present and she paused to look around her. “W-… Who’s there?” Flicking an ear at the nervous voice that sounded like a young colt, she turned to head in that direction.

The colt was small and striking, a dun with wings and a horn. Lowering her head in a manner that would hopefully put him at ease, she stepped into his sight. "It is alright. I mean you no harm, little one." Uzi placated, smiling softly at him and made sure that her body was relaxed. "I am Uzuri, but most call me Uzi. What is your name?" She asked, having not met the youth before. It had been a while since she had ventured outside of her Court... longer since she had cared to interact with those that did not help her mission to be the best soldier that she could be. Recently, her mentor had encouraged her to branch out and meet others. "It can only help in the long run to know more than a few other horses, Uzi... You never know when that knowledge will help you." He had said before insisting on a few days a week off from sparring to do just that.

@Regis
"Wisdom"
Notes: Hope you dont mind miss Uzi popping in <3

My heart is pure and my strength for those weaker than myself.

Coding by Dyzzie - Image by Chaosy

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

am i beautiful
as i tear you to pieces?
The thrill of the hunt was fading as Morrighan was still coming up empty handed. The rumors spoke of something special and blessed from the god Tempus himself. Yet, all she could find were weird birds and endless humidity across the island. Even escaping into the woods did nothing to help cool her down.

Thankfully, it seemed the weather would be a bit kinder to her today. She awoke at dawn (not voluntarily, but a bird nearby would not stop squawking) and decided to set out early for another attempt. It wasn't in her nature to give up so easily, but at the same time she was starting to feel foolish. Perhaps it was nothing more than some made up story. After all, she had yet to see anything real from the Novus gods themselves.

It wasn't long before the mare could hear some voices up ahead. Her ears perked forward as she slowly approached a pair of winged horses. One looked like a mere colt and the other was older and was staring curiously at the young boy.

"Aren't you a bit young to be exploring this place, boy?" she questioned him, not acknowledging the woman at first. Part of her was concerned that the boy was in danger, but the woman's demeanor didn't show that. Just in case, Morrighan kept on her guard.

"Is he with you?" the grullo mare asked the woman, eyeing them both. It wasn't very clear what she walked in on, but she supposed she would find out soon.

Part of her wanted to question them about the relic, although it was likely the boy would have no clue. Maybe she would give it a shot and ask soon, but first, it seemed necessary to find out why the boy was here. Morrighan didn't recognize him from the Night Court, so he was likely another Court's responsibility. Great, just great. Some parents he has. Babysitting was not exactly on her agenda today.

@Regis @Uzuri oops, The Grump has entered xD

“Speaking.”
Art by The-Day-of-Shadow ; Table by Katherine

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 6
Signos: 530
Inactive Character

live my life without coming up for air

Focusing on the location where the sound had come from, Regis’ body stood rigid as it braced for the unexpected, prepared to either turn and run or spread his inexperienced wings and try to maneuver his way out of the forest. His lungs filled to capacity when he spotted the emerging form, only to be exhaled in the form of a gargantuan sigh of relief to see that it wasn’t the monster his mind had adamantly painted and insisted was there.

It was strange to be referred to as ‘little one’ when he had grown so accustomed to the use of either his name or title, but when formality seemed to hold so little meaning outside of his own home, Regis couldn’t bring himself to feel offended. It was unlikely that he ever could. “My name is Regis,” he answered, the tension in his shoulders only beginning to wane once the words rolled off his tongue. The mare was obviously older than himself and the deep color of her eyes expressed concern for him, nothing like the beast he’d initially assumed she was. “Sorry, I… I thought you might have been something else.” He opened his mouth to speak more, to explain himself and his fear, but was abruptly cut off by the sound of another voice that caused him to jerk, startled.

Again, it was no monster that came thundering out of the foliage but an equine, and the rapid pounding of his heart against his chest had Regis wondering if his own kind would be the death of him before he could find his friends and family again. Why did he have to be so scared? So unused to being alone, such a coward?

Swallowing past the self-depreciating thoughts, Regis straightened a little where he stood and folded his wings smoothly against his sides. His focus fell to the painted woman who was, for lack of a better term, a bit more stoic than the other and pushed a smile to his face as he replied. “I suppose I am,” he answered honestly, “But… it wasn’t my intention to get separated from the others. We’ve been looking for the relic, and one moment I was with them, and when I looked up the next… I was here.” A frown marred his young features as he looked between the two mares, black-rimmed ears tilting backward thoughtfully, speaking curiously. “Is that why the two of you are on the island?”

"Speaking."

@Uzuri @Morrighan
credits

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

“My name is Regis, Sorry, I… I thought you might have been something else.” Uzi smiled softly and nodded. "I suppose in a place like this... anything could be a possible threat. Particularly to a young one." She said gently, turning her gaze to the mare that popped into view. As she listened to the words from the new mare, she flicked an ear back and waited.

"Aren't you a bit young to be exploring this place, boy? Is he with you?" Shaking her head, she paused to look at Regis. "He did not arrive with me, though I am willing to stick with him should he desire company or protection." She spoke with honest respect for both horses, though she was feeling rather protective of the youth.

“I suppose I am, But… it wasn’t my intention to get separated from the others. We’ve been looking for the relic, and one moment I was with them, and when I looked up the next… I was here. Is that why the two of you are on the island?” Uzi smiled at him and shook her head. "I hadn't even heard of a relic before now... I have been a soldier in training for most of my life... Days off are not something I usually take and I decided to see what all the fuss was about here when I did have the day off." Uzuri's reply was simple and to the point, though not cold in any way. She was being honest with the youth, her chocolate eyes warm as she looked at him. Taking the time to glance at the other mare, she waited for her to answer with her plans for the day.

@Regis - @Morrighan
"Wisdom"
Notes:

My heart is pure and my strength for those weaker than myself.

Coding by Dyzzie - Image by Chaosy

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

am i beautiful
as i tear you to pieces?
The boy, who had introduced himself as Regis, did nothing to show his fear. He was lucky that he wasn't in deeper shit at the moment or he wouldn't have stood a chance. Although the island didn't scare Morrighan, it still held many secrets. No one could predict what might be hiding in the shadows, whether it was the island's own creatures or another horse. In his case, two other horses.

The other mare claimed he was not with her. Apparently the kid got separated from the group he was with who were hunting for the relic. Why anyone would bring someone so young here, especially on a search for a powerful artifact, was beyond her. She didn't care for kids, but even she knew that was irresponsible.

"Well," the grullo mare began, her eyes on him showed extreme disappointment. "You're lucky we're not some other creature on this godforsaken island that's about to eat you. This isn't the place to be stupid." She almost said 'alone', but that's all Morrighan would prefer to be right now rather than babysitting. "You could get killed out here."

Morrighan's ear twitched at the boy's question and, before she answered, she let the mare speak. Although, it seemed she had been living under a rock lately because she had no idea what relic they were talking about. That's all everyone couldn't shut up about around her since the unicorn statue and the riddle appeared.

"I might be interested in this relic..." she trailed off, trying to seem like she didn't know much either. Maybe the boy would become useful for information and she could get an advantage over them. Sharing the prize wasn't exactly in her agenda and neither was coming up empty handed. "What did you and the others discover before you got lost?"

@Regis @Uzuri
“Speaking.”
Art by The-Day-of-Shadow ; Table by Katherine

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

A Random Event Has Occurred!

It starts with a sigh, the sound the trees make when they begin to shake. The leaves overhead are dancing, shivering on their long and slender branches. Occasionally they part, and the light breaks through; it shines down on the trio in irregular, golden streaks, capturing them in its ways and turning them, briefly, to gold. But then the trees continue shaking, and the rays are broken, only to reappear again in another spot.

What started as a shudder in the canopy escalates quickly into convulsions of the entire tree. All around them the forest is vibrating, its movements so forceful the trees sway and the air is alive with the dry rustle of leaves folding against one another.

But if the horses were to simply look up, they might notice a change taking place.

The leaves begin to wither, their colors brightening from green to yellow, from yellow to vibrant oranges and reds and purples and blues. Above them now is a kaleidoscope of colors - they should look quickly, for it will not last. And it does not take long for those colors to leach from the leaves like blood, for the fronds to fade to a dull, dry brown.

And while the trees keep shaking, the leaves begin to fall like rain. They crumble upon the ground at the horses’ feet, a soft and crinkly blanket for them to walk upon. It takes only minutes for the trees to cast off the rest of their foliage, for the ground to be covered in layer upon layer of it. Overhead the branches stretch like bare, skeletal arms reaching into the sky, and only then do the trees finally become still once more.

Perhaps the horses will look back to one another in awe. Perhaps they will miss the way the trees begin to sprout new buds, beginning to grow a fresh layer of leaves to replace the old. Perhaps they will only notice when the light becomes tinted with green again, when they look overhead in amazement expecting to see the sky, but see only the leaves.

Underhoof, the fallen leaves are already beginning to rot.

@Regis, @Uzuri, and @morrighan are in for a sight: the trees around them begin to shake, first gently, but then violently. It is a normal process for the trees, as abnormal as it may seem for the horses: it is time for the trees to shed, to cast off their leaves for new ones. The seasons pass in an instant: summer to fall to winter and finally, back to spring. It will not take long for the process to complete, but the horses may not know what is happening until it is already over.

A strange island, indeed.

All three participants have been awarded +100 signos. How you reply is up to you; feel free to NPC the strange trees and the sped up time!

Enjoy!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!