Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - yesterday i was clever // relic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Anger is something Katniss knows all too well. She knows the anger of a fate dictated to her from birth. She knows the anger of those who try to destroy the only home she cares about in this moment. She knows the anger of a lost friendship, kinship, of someone who has turned his back on his home. She feels anger towards Raum and his attempt to destroy Denocte. She feels anger at the Gods for destroying Novus in a way that she could only dream of in Nightmares. Anger is a strong emotion that Katniss does not feel that often. She instead tries to feel empathy, hope, and love.

Even though there is so much to be angry about, Katniss chooses to feel love. She chooses to allow her feelings for Metaphor to rise to the surface and dictate her each and every move. In fact, she prefers knowing that love has conquered all, that love has pulled her and her lover together after being miles and oceans apart. Love was the thing that stitched each of her cells together. It was love that bore her and it would be love that took her away. Yes, she had so much to be angry about, but love and hope seemed a far better way to feel. At least with love, there was a hope for a better future, a hope that something better would come from all of this.

It was hope that brought her back to the island. She had explored her when it first was revealed, her curiosity getting the better of her. She had wondered how such a beautiful island could come from such a dangerous volcano. But then again, isn’t that how much of Novus works? Things come out of the ashes. This island was one example, her determination to prevail over Raum another.

She is standing on the beach, the wind whipping through the silver of her mane and tail. It thrusts her hair forward and she has to work hard to keep the strands from her eyes. But as she closes her eyes to take in what the island is telling her, she can sense that she is not alone. She can hear the thundering of his footsteps as he works hard to cross the dry sand. She can hear the breath forced from his lungs, the way his hair flaps lazily in the spring air. And as he comes near to her, she opens her eyes and turns to look at him. She recognizes him from Denocte. He is from Delumine, but that is all she knows of him.

Slowly she turns to face him, her body poised at the ready to intersect him. She knows why he is here, it’s the same reason they are all here. Something is hidden on this island, someone that could be found and used for great good or for great evil. It was something that Katniss felt might help Denocte in ways she could not. It was something she needed to find. “Have you come in search of the relic?” She knows the answer, but she asks anyway. And as he pulls closer to her, she looks at him and there is a sense of sadness that washes over him. The last time she saw him, he was far happier. Now he was dark, his happiness all but faded away leaving the shell of a man he once was. For a moment, Katniss says a prayer that he would find his happiness again. He was a breath of fresh air amongst the chaos of the world today. She did not want him to lose that part of himself for it would be far too hard to find again.

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 07-03-2019, 02:11 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever - by Katniss - 07-03-2019, 06:20 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 07-21-2019, 02:32 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Katniss - 08-04-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 10-10-2019, 01:29 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Katniss - 10-14-2019, 10:23 AM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 01:55 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Katniss - 11-05-2019, 08:04 AM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 12-09-2019, 06:53 PM