Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - yesterday i was clever // relic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

This island has brought her away from Denocte, away from the places she knows so much and the people she loves. She wishes she had brought Metaphor, for he would have found such beauty in the island. So many new plants and animals, just waiting for their secrets to unlock. Perhaps there were medicinal plants on the island, an animal who’s saliva heals. So many possibilities and she was so eager to learn them all.

But as she stands here, looking out at the ocean, she can see the monsters that circle the beach. She wonders what would happen if she were to step out from the relative safety of the beach. Would she be attacked? Eaten? Left alone? Again there were so many possibilities.

But her attention turns to the Ipomoea. She turns so their eyes meet and she offers him a friendly smile in greeting. The last time they met was under such unusual circumstances. But here on this island, most where here in search of one thing or another. The magic of this island called to everyone, each one here for their own reasons.

As silence envelopes them, shielding them from the sound of the waves, she wonders what he is after. And so she asks if he is also after the relic, the item that seems to call to so many. While she is curious, she is not driven by greed but only knowledge. Perhaps this island had more for her to learn about than just the magic that roams here.

He answers yes, that he is in search of the magic relic and she only offers him a nod. It was an answer that so many seemed to give, though if it was true was something else entirely. But it is when he asks her the same that she pauses in silent reflection. She could not deny that the relic was a driving force, that she would rather see it in the hands of someone responsible rather than someone who would use it to cause harm. But that wasn’t completely why she was here. “I cannot deny that I am here for any another reason…” She pauses a moment as she looks over her shoulder out at the sea. She thinks quietly before she turns back to him. “…but the relic is not all I seek.” She sighs, knowing that she should want riches and fame, to be the victor that Denocte needed. But sometimes, magic was not all that was needed.

After a brief pause, she looks back up at Ipomoea. “This island is a wealth of knowledge just waiting to be discovered.” Above all, Katniss wants to learn. She wants to discover all that this island has to offer. “…I’m open to what the island wants me to discover.” If that was the relic, then so be it. If it was a new treatment for an illness, then she would bring it back for their medics to use. Whatever this island wanted her to learn, she would learn.

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 07-03-2019, 02:11 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever - by Katniss - 07-03-2019, 06:20 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 07-21-2019, 02:32 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Katniss - 08-04-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 10-10-2019, 01:29 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Katniss - 10-14-2019, 10:23 AM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 01:55 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Katniss - 11-05-2019, 08:04 AM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 12-09-2019, 06:53 PM