Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - yesterday i was clever // relic

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

She could not help the way she wanted so badly to understand what this island wanted her to understand. She wanted to know what sorts of secrets it hid so expertly from view. This island had popped up from nowhere, grown from the sea and sky. There was magic here, she could feel it coursing through her veins. And yet, this island was illusive and secretive, never showing all its cards. Katniss had to respect the island, she knew the game it was playing and it was a good one.

As Ipomoea came towards her, bumping her shoulder with his own, she fell into step with him. The invitation to join him was quietly accepted, figuring that perhaps he would be good company. It seemed as though they sought similar information from the island. Both sought out the relic but both seemed to seek out other knowledge as well.

At his words, she offered him a kind smile, looking from him back towards the sea. “I have always tried to keep myself open for learning and critiques.” She had been raised to never underestimate someone or something, that one could learn just about anything if one was open to it. Being that she was raised a warrior, she was taught to be open and observe, to study others and the surrounding to best suite her. This island was no different, she was watching and learning all about what this island had to offer her. There were so many questions she wanted to ask, but she knew those answers would not come easy.

His advice has her smiling and slowly, she turns to look at him, her eyes washing over the features of his face casually. “You sound like my mother. She said the same thing to me at one time.” That had been one of the first things her mother had taught her. She could not assume anything. She had to let go of any preconceived notions and just observe. Things would reveal themselves to her and some things would become obvious whereas if she had any preconceived ideas, those revelations might go unnoticed. Perhaps that is why she had become so successful in the world.

She looks down at the overturned seashell, admiring it’s beauty for a moment before she continues on. She listens to him reveal that not everyone can handle that sort of knowledge and she knows it is true. “Knowledge is not always good. It can be dark, evil, trying. It can change your outlook on life.” She had seen that sort of knowledge before, but it did not change her quest for it. “But even still, all knowledge is worth learning.” There was an abundance of knowledge out there just waiting to be discovered. Katniss had heard of Delumine’s library and she wondered what sorts of knowledge lay there as well. “Speaking of learning, would you have me come visit your library? I should like to spend some time there reading.” Perhaps there were more secrets to overturn, more information to uncover, more things to learn about herself.

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 07-03-2019, 02:11 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever - by Katniss - 07-03-2019, 06:20 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 07-21-2019, 02:32 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Katniss - 08-04-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 10-10-2019, 01:29 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Katniss - 10-14-2019, 10:23 AM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 01:55 PM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Katniss - 11-05-2019, 08:04 AM
RE: yesterday i was clever // relic - by Ipomoea - 12-09-2019, 06:53 PM