Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - be who we are

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

i got all i need,
all i need,
i'm flying
Samaira wants to ask him if it's still true, even if it's not the truth. She wants to ask him what his sister would say he's evading, but she can't ask that of him when she knows her own heart is as evasive as a will-o-wisp. "I think your sister might have some things to say about my own answers, at times," she settles with at last.

It feels like kinship, maybe. Like understanding. The pegasus thinks of the first day they had met and the questions in his eyes that she had avoided. She still has not told a soul about the cause of her injury, for it makes her heart weak and weep and unsteady. Will she ever be ready?

Samaira looks at him when he speaks of flying, and she tries to picture him with wings. Big, beautiful wings made of twilight and stars. He has been made for the sky and yet kept from it. The irony, she thinks, as she imagines such things. She wants to tell him she knows how it feels to be kept from something you ache for so dearly.

She wants to tell him she knows what it's like to want and not be able to have.

She wonders if he would ask what she means.

Oh, and then Samaira remembers that there are ways to get wings that are made of things other than feathers and bones, and her heart shudders and her silver eyes close for half a second too long at the memory of inky shadows and spilling blackness. "If you ever find a way, find me and I will happily fly with you."

Asterion is not Cassius. He is not.

His sharp curiosity makes her smile, however. Alaunus' abilities are beautiful and mysterious indeed. Samaira still isn't sure how it works, even though he's tried many times to explain it. Some things, she supposes, are better left to their mysticism.

And when Asterion steps closer, she, for a moment, wants nothing more than to lean into that smallest of touches. To take it and keep it close to her heart forever, to never release the feeling of his warmth against her. "I can think of nowhere else I would rather be than here," the earthen woman says, even as he pulls away. It is cold, where he leaves her. She is cold, and longing, longing, longing.

Samaira watches him as he thinks, as silence has settled over them waiting to be broken. In the end, she knows what he says must be true because she remembers how he had once said he didn't think he would ever be used to crowds. It makes her wonder who he was, before King. Before Novus.

How far apart are their worlds, that both brought them here to this same one?

She smiles softly when Asterion says he is allergic to strawberries. It might seem like a small thing, but she likes it. It is a piece of him and any piece of him, no matter how small, is important to her. "The sea to you is the sound of the wind in the trees to me. Nature has been my life's lullaby." Her expression grows fonder, and then, as a dying fire, slowly dims.

Samaira looks at Asterion for what feels like a long time, considering. Breaking. Breathing. She looks at him for so long that she can no longer see him standing there but Cassius, devilish and mad and oh so wicked.

She blinks Cassius away and there are wet stars in her moon eyes when she says it, at last. "Love nearly cost me my wings. And my life."

"I was being hunted for them."

"Speaking."
credits

@Asterion <3

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
be who we are - by Samaira - 07-06-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: be who we are - by Asterion - 07-09-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: be who we are - by Samaira - 07-19-2019, 08:29 AM
RE: be who we are - by Asterion - 07-26-2019, 09:41 PM