Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - be who we are

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

i got all i need,
all i need,
i'm flying
Her heart is beating, wildly, and broken somehow all at the same time. It is thundering in her chest like a stampeding herd of deer but fluttering weakly like a butterfly against a powerful wind. Samaira wants to believe Asterion, more than anything, and she leans gratefully into his touch. If only it were this easy.

But her heart, it remembers the way she had loved him. Sometimes, she thinks it still loves who he had been, once. When they had been young, and the world had seemed simpler. And even after they had been separated and grown up, he had spent his whole life looking for her. But he had never really been looking for her, had he?

“The world I came from is called Irindor. Many years ago, there was a war between the pegasi and the rest of the equines. The pegasi were eradicated—none were allowed to live, not with their wings.” Samaira only knew about her world’s history from what her parents had told her of it or what few books they ever had as she was growing up. “Over the years, pegasi were no longer around. What ones had survived no doubt fled, and none were being born.”

“But then I was born.” She flexes the wing that is not pressed gently between their bodies, the feathers extending in the air. “I was an anomaly, I guess. But my parents… they refused to give me up to the Kingdom, as they were required to do. They went into hiding; we went into hiding.”

Her parents' love for her had cost them many things. They had taken up a life essentially on the run, with their little girl that had been born with wings but shouldn't have. They had given up security, safety, friends, a steady home, to love and to protect her. To keep her safe, over themselves. How many times had they started over? How many times had they abandoned everything they had made?

But, her parents had always been strong, and happy.

So, perhaps, it is that love might cost you everything, but it should never cost you happiness. Love should bring happiness. Perhaps that is what she had been missing, then. Sometimes she thinks she is still missing it, despite the friendships she has made and the place she has found for herself as a healer in the hospital.

Her silver eyes glance at Asterion, and she is preparing to say his name, to mention Cassius at last. To say “he was a boy,” but something in her freezes, and her heart begins to race and her throat closes as if there is a noose around it. “I was discovered,” she sighs, and looks up to the sky, and ultimately leaves him out of it. “They chased me, through the forest of my home, and I finally flew but an arrow lodged itself in my wing and I fell. Somehow, I ended up here, in Terrastella.”

Samaira had never thought about that part before. She can’t say how she went from plummeting to her death in the skies over Irindor to waking on the ground of the swamps here. Maybe someone had been looking out for her that day, or she had simply gotten lucky. Regardless, the pegasus is very grateful to be alive. Yet,

"My heart always wants for things it cannot have," she says, softly, to the wind and the waves and the sky. Flight, freedom, peace, love. She has found some of those things, yes, since arriving in Terrastella, and yet, "Perhaps one day, it will have all the things it dreams of."

"Speaking."
credits

@Asterion <3

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
be who we are - by Samaira - 07-06-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: be who we are - by Asterion - 07-09-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: be who we are - by Samaira - 07-19-2019, 08:29 AM
RE: be who we are - by Asterion - 07-26-2019, 09:41 PM
RE: be who we are - by Samaira - 08-18-2019, 02:59 PM