Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I'm not all you Wanted

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

The stench of ash is still heavy when she returns to Denocte. The fires are absent, but the memory of them has yet to fade. Noctii watches the slowly filling streets of Denocte. The stench of smoke reminds her of the way Reichenbach smelled when she met him. Like wood and smoke. This smell carries sorrow. The woman made of gold and ivory moves through the familiar streets of her home. The moon loves her, just as Isra promised. It has not purged her yet, and she is beginning to doubt that the moon ever will. It is not the moon she fears, it is what may happen to Isra. She fears what may happen to the rest of the citizens of Denocte because of her presence here. Noctii does not know if that will come on the heels of the gods of Reth, or beneath the daggers of her sister. The thoughts drift away like the fading smoke from the fires Isra told her were here. The streets are still charred in some places that she wanders, they have been forgotten. Noctiilucent hopes that the small home Isra gave her was still standing, but she has her doubts. The pendant upon her neck shines beneath the growing moonlight as she moves. It reminds her that she has a gift for her dear friend, another item she stole from the temples for the gods of Reth. A clamor of bodies and voices catches her attention. In the slow rebirth of Denocte, there is excitement. The area she is in is familiar to her. There have been many nights that she has watched entertainers from the shadows. Noctii assumes tonight will be no different.

There is a movement beyond the circle of gathering bodies and awestruck children. An entertainer dances in the moonlight, and for a few moments Noctiilucent finds herself captivated by the movements of the entertainer. The way the stripes of the woman move with the flickering firelight is mesmerizing. Beside her swirls a small dragon, much smaller than Fable. Her ears come forward with interest. Her body presses against the masses and the wall of bodies pull her in. They spit her out on the other side. She is only two feet from the woman who has yet to utter a word. Noctiilucent cannot help but stare at her and admire the way her body fades from day to dusk. The way the black stripes and ivory streaks slip across her body like ripples in the water. The scholar finds that her skin has erupted into gooseflesh as she jaw hangs slightly agape. There is music in the square, it slowly begins to fade. The flickering firelight begins to fade, as though it can detect that the show is drawing to a close. The group waits to move until the whole square turns dark. Until only the light of the moon spills upon the entertainer and her dragon. Noctiilucent forgets how close she is standing to the other woman until the crowd begins to dissipate. It is only Noctii and the entertainer left in the square. The smell of the fires still burns her nostrils, but she is still captivated by the mesmerizing woman. She is not only beautiful but talented. Noctiilucent cannot believe she has never seen her before.  "Why have I never seen you before?"

Noctii speaks softly, but her voice still carries the awe that is painted across her canvas. As though it is scattered like the stars of gold flesh across the seas of ivory on her bodice.

"Speech" Thoughts

Notes: <33 
Tags: @Runaveig

I was wandering under black skies
Clutching at what is mine

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 3
Signos: 20
Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Umbra (Pygmy Dragon)

You are not alone
I've been here the whole time singing you a song
I will carry you, I will carry you

In the wake of disaster Runaveig had always believed that to persevere was the only answer. The world was an uncertain place, even more so now than ever before. With this stagnant battle against Raum, the fires that had spoiled their reserves and rations, and the general unrest that seemed to swallow all of Novus within it’s terrible, gaping maw, the young gypsy did the only thing she could think of to prove to the world that she was not broken; dance.

Like water she moved, twisting, turning, letting her actions speak for her with an unnatural fluidity. The world would not break her spirit. Determination burned like fire in her blood, the elegance of each step, each sashay and sway of her hips an interpretive display of defiance against the very world that seemed like such a trepid, awful place.

It wasn’t.

No. The world was beautiful, and Runa loved it. She loved its light, its beauty, its innocence. She loved the moon and its matronly splendor, then sun and its burning might, the insects, the birds, the trees, the animals. In the depths of the oceans to the height of the heavens, there was not a single place that Runaveig did not love, for they were all of this world. And so she danced.

Sweat ran in rivulets down her brow, staining the pale of her face with moisture. Tossing her head back, the floral mantle and crystal veil hanging about her face sparkled in the firelight. Golden eyes glittered in the faint light that the circle provided as music thrummed through the air like a viable heartbeat, the strands of her mane framing around her cherubic face and shoulders. Her gaze scanned the crowd that had gathered, flashing everyone a white-toothed smile and a burst of radiant laughter left her lips, the stomping of her hooves and theirs in time with the music only fueling on her dance into an arcing, racing crescendo. Above, Umbra swirled about in lazy circles, diving occasionally to add to the atmosphere and beauty of the dance.

She twirled; once, twice, three times, radiant and wonderful and a paragon of love, of devotion, of goodness, the transparent shawl hanging around her slender shoulders fanning out behind her. The rhinestones sewn into the silk seemed to glimmer and glisten in the firelight, but eventually the music slowed, the light dimmed, and the performance came to an end as she lowered her front to the ground in a bow, one leg folded and the other splayed forward as she pressed the tip of her opaline horn to the earth beneath their hooves.

Cheers erupted and a few tips were tossed her way, but Runaveig smiled bashfully as she straightened and immediately nudged the offered signos towards a few foals who had watched her performance. They took them with gleeful joy in their eyes before scampering off, and turning back around the dawn-and-dusk skinned woman spotted someone she had overlooked during the heart of her performance, which was surprising given how very close they were now standing. A woman cloaked in gold and ivory, her dark points charming and blue eyes so striking and vivid that they nearly took her breath away.

More than her breath was already lost, of course. Her supple chest heaving to catch her breath, Runaveig heard the woman speak, the softness of her inquiry coated with awe and wonder. There was a flutter within the gypsy’s chest, a sense of humbleness at this earthly woman’s astonishment.

’Why have I never seen you before?’

Runaveig flushed. Umbra arced through the air and glided down to land upon his chosen daughter’s back, tucking his wings close as he settled upon her spine. The dragon watched the newcomer with blue-green eyes that shone bright in the evening light but did not comment or make a sound of opposition.

A little breathlessly, the entertainer cleared her throat to answer. “I’m not sure. I tend to spend most of my time here in the markets. Perhaps that’s why?” With a radiant smile, Runa went on. “I’m Runaveig, and this is my very best friend, Umbra. Did, um. I hope that you enjoyed the performance?”

"Speaking."
credits

@Noctiilucent

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

Noctii misses the foals that scurry off with some of the signos the woman has earned, but she has not missed the encouragement from her. Every fluid movement she makes, Noctii follows. It does not take the entertainer long to notice her, she can almost see the flush rise in the breathless woman. A small dragon lands upon her spine, and their inquisitive expression is not missed by the scholar. She is just as curious about him, though he does not leave her breathless in quite the same way as this woman. The world fades back into focus when the woman finally speaks. Her voice is just as captivating as her performance. How easy it is that she becomes so mesmerized by such lovely creatures. The entertainer surmises that it is because she spends her time in the night markets, though Noctii spends much of her time stealing glances at the entertainers in the night markets. The beautiful woman who is made up of both dawn and dusk introduces herself. Runaveig. Her small dragon is Umbra, and she claims he is her best friend. Noctii is almost envious of the small dragon, how she wishes to already be close to this woman. How easy it is for her to become consumed with admiration for someone. The meek question that comes from her companion's mouth is so out of place. Noctii loved it, and she knew that she would come every night if she knew that Runaveig would be there. "Runaveig. What a lovely name. It is great to meet both you and Umbra. I'm Noctiilucent... I go by Noctii though." She introduces herself before she has time to forget her own name.

"I often look down at the night markets... I look for the entertainers. Perhaps I had been looking for you at the wrong times. I didn't know I was looking for you until tonight." Noctii admits to her, but she is still in awe of this woman. Someone who she has known for all of three minutes, someone who she is sure will be frightened off by abruptly deep emotions. Noctii casts her gaze away from the woman shyly, it is only a few moments that her eyes do not fall upon Runaveig. "I loved your show. I'm not sure if you realize how captivating you are. It feels like you should be dancing in a palace, or perhaps the heavens themselves." The words flood from her mouth before she has a chance to formulate a more reasonable response. Noctii can feel her anxiety sink in, she has worn her heart too close to the surface for a first meeting. Her gaze drops to the woman's hooves, and her worries turn to if she has made the entertainer feel awkward. No, not the entertainer, Runaveig. Noctii smiles and a quiet laugh tumbles from her ivory and rose stained lips. "I'm sorry. Sometimes I get caught up in ... moments. Beautiful performances and stories spun by wonderful individuals. I can be a bit overwhelmed by emotion. I don't mean to make anyone uncomfortable."

Her words have lost their confidence, but she feels she needs to explain herself. Noctii wonders how often Runaveig gets such a response from her performances. She truly was captivating, though she also knew that it was easy for her to get swept away by her emotions. Noctii has learned in her time here that she must be wary and guarded. She knows that Novus is welcoming, but it is also capable of harboring terrible acts. The chaotic thoughts in her head were threatening to take hold when she shook them away. Noctii is determined to stay present here tonight, she will not let her mind run away with the terrible thoughts of the future and what-ifs. Noctii raises her head once more, and gives Runaveig another nervous smile, she hopes she has not ruined her chances of getting to know this beautiful woman.

"Speech" Thoughts

Notes: <33 
Tags: @Runaveig

I was wandering under black skies
Clutching at what is mine