Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - We Dream Cause We Don't Sleep

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aeranas

Underneath, I'm Sleeping

The still night that seeps into the sea is interrupted by the rustle of feathers in the sky. A shadow appears over the sea some distance away, it is a large figure that sweeps like a phantom through the sleek black sky. Aeranas listens intently to the splash of the water, something is being dragged through the water. He cannot see well enough to determine what it is. It is not until the phantom grows closer that he can tell it is another equine, a pegasus. The wind races between the feathers of their wings, a sound that contests the lapping of the waves on the shore. They whisper to the wind in the same way the sea whispers sweet nothings to the shoreline. Aeranas casts his gaze in their direction, they land only a few feet from him. 

His long lashes kiss his cheeks as he pulls his muzzle out from the safety of his scarf. The gentle glow settles closer to his neck. Up close he can see that his companion looks as though they have been painted by the night sky. They are painted with rich earth tones, but the tip of his muzzle has been splashed with the colour of winter. Stars have scattered themselves across their hide, they look like a child born from the heavens. He speaks, and the friendly tones spark his auds to life. They twitch as the smile on his face takes shape. The enthusiasm of the phantom is not missed, and Aeranas finds himself eager to sink into its depths.

He introduces himself as Sirius. Aeranas lets his smile grow wider as he watches the other man, his expression is quiet. As though he does not wish to disturb the stillness of the night they now share. "Hello, Sirius. I am Aeranas." His pale frame is a stark contrast to his companion, as is his height. Aeranas is without wings, but how he wishes he could take flight. It must be a wonder to see the sky the way the birds do. "I thought you might have been a phantom. But it seems that the heavens have spilled you like ink from the sky. Tell me, what do the stars taste like from way up there?" He asks his new companion with interest, but it is a quiet interest. Aeranas tries to keep himself from withdrawing into himself, but he is unsure. He is a ghost, but he finds it funny that a ghost should fear a phantom.

"Sirius, where are we?" Aeranas finally asks. He reveals that he is a traveler with four simple words. Posed as a question to someone he has just met. Though the way he speaks, it as though they have been friends for many years. It is the way he speaks with everyone he meets until they rake their fangs across his flesh. Only then does he recoil, withdraw into the walls he builds around himself. Though his words spill like wine, Aeranas has no one. To be close to someone is painful, and he is not ready for that yet.

"Speech" Thoughts

@Septimus @Sirius Open | I'm so excited about this! | 517 Words

Messages In This Thread
We Dream Cause We Don't Sleep - by Aeranas - 07-31-2019, 06:03 PM
RE: We Dream Cause We Don't Sleep - by Sirius - 08-01-2019, 12:35 PM
RE: We Dream Cause We Don't Sleep - by Aeranas - 08-04-2019, 03:53 PM
RE: We Dream Cause We Don't Sleep - by Sirius - 08-28-2019, 01:43 PM