Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Lets Meet By The Sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart
Uzuri sighed as she drifted through the afternoon skies. There was so much that she could be doing, but she had found no inspiration for training that morning. All she wanted to do was find a place and enjoy the nice day rather than working herself to a sweat in a field. Tipping her multi-hued wings, she angled down toward the beach, chocolate eyes alert for danger as she descended.

Her peach hooves touched the sand and she let herself fully become a creature of land again. Snapping out her wings to get the last few twinges from the time in the air, she allowed the sun to rest upon them as she closed her eyes and listened to the world around her. The waves were crashing softly against the sand, birds calling to each other from hidden nests. The salty smell of the water made her smile and she found herself gazing out at the surf rather than listening blindly to the world.

Just like the dawn, the sight of the sea was calming and peaceful... But then she had never had reason to fear the water or what could be in it. Shaking her whole frame, she tucked her wings against her side and took a few steps forward. She could feel the cool water lapping at her ankles and stopped there to just enjoy the morning. It was quiet, and she would not mind company if it came.

"Speaking."
@Aeranas
Notes: Terrible starter is terrible XD
credits

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aeranas

Resting On Your Bones, Bowing To Your Throne

Novus lay before him, he was here. He made it. Novus is a breathtaking new world, just as the entertainers had promised. The land unfurls before him like a grand map, but much of it is uncharted. At least for him. Getting to know each court will be a wonder, just as he knows the mysterious island would call him back. Aeranas had taken the path along the sea, for she kept some of his most fond memories. The farther he travels the warmer the air grows. He has chased the shoreline since dawn, but the sun is not ready to set yet. The dawn greeted him like an old friend, but each new day created a distance between him and his most precious friend. Each new dawn made him sad, and it meant he would have to pick up and face his fears once more. It felt like starting over. Aeranas stumbles as he gets lost in his thoughts, the world blurs abruptly back into focus. He sees the shore before him race into the horizon. A figure breaks the jagged edges and soft sands beside the sea. They are not like the ghost that has come to haunt Novus. They are fresh, white paper with spilled black and blue ink. Their frame is much better built than his, for he is mostly legs. His body is thin, and he drifts over the terrain like the phantom in the sky back on the island. Sirius. 

The pale man allows his crown made of boney thorns to lead the way. He is careful to watch the ground beneath his feet this time, and slowly he begins to close the distance between them. The salt in the air assaults his delicate nares, though he enjoys the smell. It is strong and masks his scent. The scents of Lilac and smoke are swallowed by the sea. She wants to keep this as a secret too. Aeranas stops when he is a few feet away from the one who cannot decide if they want to be a shadow or a ghost. Aerie peers out at the restless waves, as though he wants to know what has captivated his new companion. After a few moments of silence, he casts his gentle gaze toward the ghost mixed with shadow. "Has the sea kept something for you too? Have you her your friend too?" He asks her, his lashes flutter against his skin for a moment. Aerie peers at her with his quiet expression, the ghost has found someone to haunt. Until another adventure stirs him back to life. There is no adventure here, that he can see. The sea swallows up all land that could possibly lead out to the jagged rocks past the tides. He paid attention to them, but he was not reckless enough to throw himself to the mercy of his old friend. The sea was not as forgiving as some of his other friends.

"My name is Aeranas." He introduces himself, and a smile slips across his face. Just like the phantom on the island, he speaks to her as though she is an old friend. Aerie begins to stir back to life. He is wrong, there is an adventure here. The adventure of making a new friend, and he will not leave here until it has been completed. 

"Speech" Thoughts

@Uzuri | Aerie wants to be friends already xD | 558 Words

Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart

Uzi caught the sound of approaching hooves and turned to find a stallion that she had never met before. He was a pale creature with antlers, lanky and even a bit on the thin side to her thoughts. That being said, she did have to look up to see his face. The idea of being short made her want to chuckle, but she held it in as she watched the approach of the other figure.

"Has the sea kept something for you too? Have you her your friend too?" Uzi tilted her head slightly as she considered his strange words.
"Um... The sea holds peace, but nothing more tangible for me. I am afraid that this is not a normal place for me to be, not a place where I find myself often enough..." She stopped babbling before revealing that she had a hard time being alone, but an even harder time around others. Uzi didnt have many that she could count as friends, that much was certain.
"What does the sea hold for you?" She asked softly, curious.

"My name is Aeranas." Uzuri dipped her mostly white facade in greeting.
"I am Uzuri. It is a pleasure to meet you." The silent 'I hope...' nearly made her take to the skies and she had to fight her constant unease at being around newcomers. Coy was always teasing her about her fear at new friends and being socially awkward. Flicking her tail, she forced herself to calm and see where this meeting went.

"I am a soldier of the Dusk Court..." Uzi blurted out, unable to stop the moment of word vomit. Yep... She was nervous. Again... Coy would be hysterical if he found out...

"Uzuri"
@Aeranas
Notes: XD Apparently Aeranas makes Uzi nervous
credits

Aeranas

The woman painted with onyx and ivory ink was nervous. Aeranas can almost taste her apprehension as thick as the salt in the air beside the sea. Her voice does not flow smoothly. It starts as a trickle, then erupts into many more words than he had anticipated. He finds that if he does not peer intently at those who are nervous around others, they tend to grow more comfortable around him. So Aeranas stares at the sea as she speaks, though his gaze softens and rests at the corners of his eyes. His new companion denies that the sea holds anything but peace as if she holds something tangible. Memories were not tangible, but they were oh so precious. She claims the seashore is not a place she comes often, as if she has to justify her presence here. Aearanas gives her a gentle smile before turning his head in her direction so that he can view her slightly better. He does not stare upon her face, but somewhere over her shoulder. The woman asks him the same question, and he pauses before he answers all of her sentiments. "We are but two strangers sharing moments, stories. You do not have any obligation to justify your reasons for being here, nor if you are here often. The sea is not my only precious friend you see. But she holds precious memories, she keeps them safe. The sea is a great friend to have because if you spill your secrets to her, she won't ever tell. She sweeps them away, far far away. The sea will keep them safe in a deep trench where no soul dares to go. And then she forgets. The sea does not bring them up, it is truly only something you share with her. I spill my stories to her, she'll always listen." Aearanas explains to his companion, his gaze has drifted back to the horizon where the sky and sea meet.

The woman introduces herself as Uzuri, again her words trickle like an uncertain stream. Aearanas tilts his head and closes his eyes as he listens to her. She will become another character in one of his stories someday, perhaps even one about today. Aeranas wants to take her in as a character, as an entity. Her voice leads him to believe that this meeting is what has given her such great apprehension. Though he does not believe himself to be intimidating, he knows he does not get to decide that for himself. Aeranas inhales the salt breath of the sea and exhales it gently when the woman speaks again. She tells him that she is a soldier from the Dusk Court. The name of her court sparks a memory, the memory of planning the trip to Novus with his grandmother. Aeranas opens his soft pink eyes once more, and he peers at her with the same gentle expression on his face. He has taken care to move slowly near her so that she is not surprised by him. "It is nice to meet you Uzuri. Please call me Aerie." He offers her a smile and tries his best to make sure she does not know how her mention of the Dusk Court has made his heart ache.

"The Dusk Court. Does that mean I have finally arrived in Novus? The courts here, are all structured around the times of day, aren't they? What is your court like? What do they love? Breathe? What do you love about it?" Aerie asks her with genuine interest. His gaze is fixed just past her shoulder once more, but his eyes are alight to hide the pain from the empty space at his side. Still, he wanted to know it all. Aerie could see a warm glow from the scarf that rested upon his neck. The pulse seemed to grow stronger whenever he was sad, and he liked to believe that it was his grandmother coming to soothe him. Aerie didn't know why his scarf was so in tune with his emotional state, but it was. "Uzuri, you said you don't come to the sea often. You felt that specification was important... is there a reason you're here today? Something special?"

"Speech" Thoughts

@Uzuri | I hope he doesn't scare her  | 704 Words

Dusk Court Sovereign

Pure of Heart
Uzi listened to him speak of the sea, feeling the emotional turmoil quiet. He was not scary, he didnt seem to want to ridicule her like Coy would. There was no reason for her anxious babbling. Her muzzled dropped to the surface of the water and she felt a smile cross her face. Perhaps confessing her secrets to the sea would not be a bad idea. Uzi turned her brown eyes to the pale stallion and nodded. "That does make her prefect for talking to."

"It is nice to meet you Uzuri. Please call me Aerie." Uzi smiled and took a deep breath to clear the last of the anxiety from her mind. She was finally feeling like herself again. "It is a pleasure. Sorry about my babbling." Her eyes crinkled as she smiled at him and felt the weight of her fear melt away.

"The Dusk Court. Does that mean I have finally arrived in Novus? The courts here, are all structured around the times of day, aren't they? What is your court like? What do they love? Breathe? What do you love about it?" Uzi nodded and paused to think about his questions. "Yes, this is Novus. My court is... warm... welcoming... I came to the Dusk Court when I was a filly, following my mother who was searching for a medic to help her fight the illness that I didnt see. They took us in and made us feel like we belonged. When she..." Uzi paused and shook her head. The loss of her mother was still a massive hole in her heart. "I dedicated my life to being a warrior so that I could help others. So I could protect those that cant protect themselves and to give me a way to help give back to the Court that has given me so much." She had to explain herself. That was the easiest way to answer his questions. That didnt mean that she was ready to spill the hardest part of her life to him, just to give him enough to hopefully understand why she loved Dusk. "Where did you come from?"

"Uzuri, you said you don't come to the sea often. You felt that specification was important... is there a reason you're here today? Something special?" Uzi thought for a moment before answering. "No... nothing special. Today just felt like a day to be out of the crush of the day to day schedule and find peace. Sometimes, training feels like a heavy burden and makes me want to escape. What about you? Any particular reason for seeking the sea?"

"Uzuri"
@Aeranas
Notes: -snugs Elid- Sorry about delay lovebug. Uzi is finally calming down lol
credits

Aeranas

The woman who was like paper, and stained with ink dropped her muzzle to the sea. The sea does not hesitate to rush around her muzzle that hovers above the shoreline. She was a book he had yet to read, Aeranas knows this in his heart. It is true for everyone he meets. They are worlds of untold stories, and secrets. He is a world of untold stories, secrets. It is times like these that Aerie must remind himself that he is more than the pain he feels. The pain he hides from others, as though it is a horrible secret. It is a horrible secret. Uzuri breaks his thoughts by spilling her agreement of his belief about the sea being perfect to tell stories and secrets to. Aerie smiles gently at Uzuri, he takes care not to stare at her. He politely redirects his gaze back out to the horizon, the place that also holds endless opportunities for adventure. Aeranas returns to listening to the existence of Uzuri, taking her in as an entity for a few more moments. She apologizes for her babbling, and he finds he is unable to hold back the gentle laugh that spills from his ivory lips. The sound is not disapproving, nor mocking. Aeranas is not mocking her, he disagrees with her desire to apologize for being who she is. At least who he perceives her to be in these moments. 

Aeranas has yet to know Uzuri, he simply knows her by her behavior now. A superficial encounter that he hopes will progress into a true friendship. It might fill the void he finds he carries with him everywhere. "There is no need to apologize to me. It is no transgression, nor offense. Every part of you, from the way you speak to how you feel, is a part of you. A precious part of you, and you are no burden. You are a precious individual, even to this ghost." Aerie spoke to her, his words were genuine and reassuring. He truly found the beauty in all things, in every soul he met. The ghost smiles quietly as he continues to peer at the sea. Uzuri will become someone in one of his stories, he is sure of it. When the woman speaks of Novus and the Dusk court, Aerie turns his head to listen to her. He can tell how fond she is of her court, and he dips his head as he listens to her speak. Uzuri speaks of her childhood, and how her mother had been ill when they'd arrived. She tells him that they traveled to the Dusk Court in order to receive help from their healers. Her story stirs uncomfortable feelings inside Aeranas. The emotions he has built dams and castles around burst forth suddenly. The fresh loss of his grandmother is a wound that is too new for him to prevent the tears that begin to spill from his eyes. To an outsider, they may see it as an impressive ability to empathize with another. The ghost does not speak, he is not impolite and will not interrupt the story of another. It is when Uzuri ceases to speak that a sob escapes his throat. "I hear your loss, I feel it. I can feel your passion and love for your court, and for your path in life. Such motivation is so pure. I am so sorry about your mother, Uzuri. I hope you have found peace." The ghost whispers between sobs that spill from his maw.

The embarrassment of such a display is quick to set in for Aeranas. He tears his gaze from the stranger who has become his companion, so that she is not subjected to his torrent of emotions. So that his wounds do not infect her, and she does not have to repair the dams and castles she may have built during her period of loss. The ghost steadies himself upon the lungs of the sea when she asks where he comes from. "I come from a world that makes no sense. I come from the world itself, I have never known a home. My life has been full of travel with a very dear friend of mine. A friend who is more of a ghost than I am standing here. I miss her." He whispered to Uzuri, he appeared to be regaining his composure. A few lingering tears slid down his pale cheek before it disappeared into the sands beneath their feet. The gentle glow of his scarf reminded him that his grandmother promised she was still with him. After a few moments of silence, Uzuri explained that she needed a change of pace from her usual day-to-day routine.

Aerie nodded receptively to her words, including the question she spilled for him yet again. Aeranas decided that he would not apologize for the burst of emotion that sprung from within him. His grandmother had taught him that emotions were an integral part of who he was. "I've been following the sea for days, since I visited the strange island with a  bridge connecting it to this mainland. I've been searching for Novus, I think its time that I found a home. I think I already know where it will be... but I want to visit all of the courts of Novus first." Aerie answers her, and his voice is still quiet. He does not plan to indulge Uzuri if she asks him about the emotional outburst. It has passed, and he will deal with those emotions later. 

"Speech" Thoughts

@Uzuri | I hope he doesn't scare her  | 926 Words

Dusk Court Sovereign

Pure of Heart
"I hear your loss, I feel it. I can feel your passion and love for your court, and for your path in life. Such motivation is so pure. I am so sorry about your mother, Uzuri. I hope you have found peace." Uzi paused as she heard his words and she found herself stepping closer and trying to offer him comfort with her presence and touch if desired. His words had made a smile grace her lips for a split second "Thank you for being so kind. Many would take advantage of a jumpy creature such as myself." She laughed softly, enjoying the peace that seemed to be stealing over her and letting her muscles relax from battle ready. "I have found a place where I have peace... and a purpose. "

"I come from a world that makes no sense. I come from the world itself, I have never known a home. My life has been full of travel with a very dear friend of mine. A friend who is more of a ghost than I am standing here. I miss her." Uzi nodded. "I understand missing someone. I miss my mother, and the brother that is the biggest pain in the rear I have ever met. He comes by sporadically, but it always seems like so far apart." Even though she called him a pain, she loved her brother like he was a part of her in more than just blood. She knew that she could turn to him should anything happen, and that he would be at her side as fast as possible if she needed to call.

"I've been following the sea for days, since I visited the strange island with a  bridge connecting it to this mainland. I've been searching for Novus, I think its time that I found a home. I think I already know where it will be... but I want to visit all of the courts of Novus first." A shudder passed through her at the mention of the island. It made her uneasy and anxious. "I dont blame you. To find a place to settle, it is easier if you know what is around. I do hope that you find a place that you feel at home. I will always be here should you need to talk, no matter where you decide to settle." There was a fondness connecting her to the stallion and she meant the offer of friendship.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Aeranas
Notes: Sorry for delay love!
credits