Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - I pray to the sky. Please, I'm begging you God.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sea [PM] Posts: 39 — Threads: 12
Signos: 560
Inactive Character

The Girl From Oldwood

Night has been vanquished by a way of words, passing glances, and the softest shuffles of wind, leaves, and other things.  Emersyn, caught unaware, rises at last so that she too can see the sunrise that Ipomoea sees.  Indeed, this isn't just about the sunrise - it is about a new beginning.  Not just one, but many, starting today.  And even though God has not come to the temple this day, something has been accomplished here, spiritual or not.  Emersyn feels strange having exposed something so violent and unfulfilling about her life, but she also feels a sense of peace about it as well.  Ipomoea may not be God, but he certainly is a saint.  Emersyn does not know how to compartmentalize this meeting with the stranger, so she doesn't.

"I would be lying to you if I said yes, but I'm sure you are a smart man - and know that deep wounds take time to heal."   In the red-yellow sun, Emersyn's white face is orange, her blue eyes violet, and her smile is just a ghost now.  Gazing out the same window as Ipomoea does not necessarily mean they see the same thing.  Where there is a sunrise, Emersyn sees a path - one that she took to get here.  Who knows what Ipomoea sees, maybe one day she'll know.  Today she won't ask.

"Moving forward, it will be quite difficult for me.  Delumine deserves the better parts of me, I'm capable of many things and I don't want violence to be a part of it." The soldier looks over the land spread out before them, and all that the light touches in their vision is what she speaks of.  "Dawn is not just a moment of time, you know.  It is Hope.  Even after war, it is still quite beautiful the day after."   Something thoughtful crosses her quiet expression, even still, it seems unreadable.  "I think I can find forgiveness for myself by helping others.  I've only just begun, perhaps you should ask me some other time."  

~~~

@Ipomoea  I don't know what this is! Forgive me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I pray to the sky. Please, I'm begging you God. - by Ipomoea - 08-05-2019, 01:46 AM
RE: I pray to the sky. Please, I'm begging you God. - by Ipomoea - 09-11-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: I pray to the sky. Please, I'm begging you God. - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 01:26 PM
RE: I pray to the sky. Please, I'm begging you God. - by Emersyn - 10-30-2019, 03:56 PM
RE: I pray to the sky. Please, I'm begging you God. - by Ipomoea - 12-09-2019, 06:45 PM