Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and i don't care if i sing off key

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

He can hear the man trudging through the sand. The sound is defening, even amongst the brewing storm. It’s almost like footsteps crunching in the snow. It’s loud and tells her exactly where he is without even having to turn her head to look at him. It gives away his position, someone that Sloane would never rightfully do. She was a master of disguise and subtlety. She would not have made so much noise when approaching a complete stranger. Then again, he was not her. He was someone different and she had to admit, she didn’t know him.

Slowly her head turns, the wind whipping against red streak hair. She faces against the wind, her hair blowing into her eyes and she blinks back the sting it makes. She looks at the black creature, the one who has this awful grin upon his lips. It’s charming and cute…and Sloane hates things that are both charming…and cute. But she says nothing and she certainly does not return the smile.

He starts off by a friendly introduction, something Sloane has really never been good at. She’s not the first one to come greet you when you arrive and she’s certainly not a great host. So instead of welcoming him to the little Island Somnus has given her, she looks at him as if he is trespassing…which he is, at least to Sloane. “Sloane.” Her tone is flat, her words short and precise. She has never been very good at social situations and she is sorry (is she, really?) that he has been subjected to her less than hospitable hospitality.

She looks to the sky when he says that he simply had to get out of the sky. She looks up at the raging wind that bring the storm clouds closer to her little island. For a moment, she is jealous that he can fly. He gets to touch the clouds. And then, for a moment, she is angry that he is choosing not to.

When her eyes turn back towards him, she looks at that grin, that sheepish smile and she cannot help but think that he looks like a fucking idiot. But she doesn’t say anything of that nature, which is an accomplishment. Normally she does not have a filter. Considering her mood, it’s quite a shock she hasn’t said anything at all.

The next question is easy enough to answer. “Yes…Somnus has given me this island.” He would not be the first to question her right to the island, so she might as well be the first to broach the subject. Yes, she lived her. Yes, the island was hers (well, maybe not hers, but she believes it to be hers). She looks to the island next to her own, motioning towards it with a gentle shake her to head. “The squirrels that set the forest on fire live over there. Consider yourself lucky.” She had seen them startle and start to burn down their own forest. He could have been killed by fire if he landed over there. She might not kill him…not today at least.

@Mateo

Messages In This Thread
and i don't care if i sing off key - by Sloane - 08-05-2019, 01:10 AM
RE: and i don't care if i sing off key - by Mateo - 08-30-2019, 11:14 PM
RE: and i don't care if i sing off key - by Sloane - 09-04-2019, 04:44 PM
RE: and i don't care if i sing off key - by Mateo - 10-24-2019, 09:44 AM
RE: and i don't care if i sing off key - by Mateo - 01-17-2020, 03:33 PM