Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the curious mind expands forever

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline kealie [PM] Posts: 74 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [she/her/hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Emotion Transference  |    Bonded: Vradara (Small Dragon)

there are nights when the wolves are silent
and only the horses howl

Those that occupied Delumine grasped very well how daybreak tasted.

It was announced by the cockerel's vocation, minutes that stretch out with each stirring blade and grassy baton. Just being there accompanied the soul into winsome resignation, at one with nature, vigorous yet untroubled. Every perfume was pure and each burst of birdsong was unprecedented, an unrehearsed chorale to waken the thought, to subdue whatever drowsiness persisted. Thoughts and heels rambled, lungs inflated, time wheeled by in its soundless and limitless way.

That was the feeling that fluttered in her gut when she saw Emersyn peeking into her life in that way. Soft, subtle, inching closer.

Maerys, right? Her voice was composed yet welcoming and that smile entrapped Maerys' mauve eyes in its shimmer. Her cranium, dawned by a multitude of shades, moves up and down in a nod that confirms the Emissary's assumption.

She volunteered thankfulness to Maerys, for her initiative to stay familiarized on the ongoings of Delumine, but the silver-haired girl could feel the guilt slithering through her arteries like rime. She hadn't just attended, she'd become hostile and cynical and it was not what she had wanted to do. It was not easy to rein in the girl's passions for they were powerful and boisterous and commanded to be heard. Others had been worse than her, however. The Champion of Battle, for example, had nearly slit a man's throat. This was disturbing to the soldier as she did not want to follow the lead of a violent, savage mare. Those in charge should not be so cruel to their inferiors, equals, or superiors no matter the occasion.

Respect bred respect just as violence bred violence.

But Maerys was not concerned about that champion, those that were violent never stayed in a position of power for long.

"Yes, please do," she motioned towards the ground around her. Maerys' limbs were deftly tucked beneath her as she rested peacefully. Emersyn could stand or lay, whichever she preferred. "Firstly, however, I wouldst like to apologize -" her eyes watch the mare carefully, honestly. "- I did act harshly in the meeting, but I am aware we art all just attempting to do our most wondrous in such a grave situation and am mournful the tension got the best of me."

She said the words as she finally took in the woman's appearance. She was velvet and sleek, with slender muscling on her frame. She was about equivalent in height as Maerys, only incrementally more diminutive than her at most. There was something in those azure eyes of hers that swam so mischievously that Maerys thought was simply enthralling; that made her ever the more curious.

What did the emissary want with her? She considered herself so unimportant nowadays. Didn't the emissary think the same too?

"Forgive me for that."

[Image: maerys-pixel.png]

x

force and magic always permitted

Messages In This Thread
the curious mind expands forever - by Maerys - 08-05-2019, 10:56 PM
RE: the curious mind expands forever - by Emersyn - 12-27-2019, 02:33 AM
RE: the curious mind expands forever - by Maerys - 01-03-2020, 01:53 AM
RE: the curious mind expands forever - by Emersyn - 01-06-2020, 02:02 AM