Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - I've got no more tears or explanations;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Tucson

TUCSON
he disappeared without a word
but the next night a coyote was heard

T
ucson cannot help himself. 

A grin, broad and infectious, bursts across his face. “Aw, sweetheart, dancin’ is th’ only way to describe it.” 

He loves her, if only because she doesn’t waste any time. If he could hear her thoughts, he might be a little less inclined to think so kindly of her—if only because he would reverently, aggressively disagree. Fighting was about the only romantic thing Tucson knew, besides love-making, and of the two one certainly had less dramatic outcomes. He finds himself watching, weighing her strengths and weaknesses, and all he can find is that she looks less like a horse and more like a weapon.

When she charges, Tucson is ready, and he laughs loud and long and joyously. His squared stance is replaced by a much lighter one but he does expect her to hit him squarely, just as she charges; at the last second she dips to the side and rams her shoulder against his own. Tucson finds himself reeling for a moment, and if not such an acrobatic in the air and on land, he would have tumbled. As it were, he stumbles heavily and is saved a full-on fall only by throwing out the wing farthest from her assault. One of his knees hits the ground and skids—but then Tucson is up, and lunging toward her. 

His reaction is instantaneous and fierce; Tucson does not play pretty. He saves only a moment to think, damn, that hurts, before he is pivoting on a hind-leg toward her and rising, simultaneously, into a rear. The goal is to close whatever distance she has recreated and, if she is launching a second attack, to parry it through an offensive of his own. Tucson aims to land the majority of his weight on whatever body part is available, churning his hooves mid-air as sharp, hard weapons and hook them around whatever he can reach. Close, close, close. It is the way Tucson fights. 

And still, he cannot help himself. ”Y’keep bein’ sweet t’me and I’m gonna have’ta ask’a for a second date."

@Marisol | "speaks" | notes: this took soooo long i'm sorry!
rallidae | art

Summary: Tucson takes Marisol's hit squarely, stumbles, and then recovers. He pivots toward her and rears to attempt to bash her with his hooves and draw her into an "embrace".  

Attack Used: 1
Attack(s) Left: 1
Block Used:
Block(s) Left:
Item(s) Used: 

Response Deadline: October 6th  
Tags: @Marisol, @Sid, @inkbone, @Sparrow, @nestle, @aimless

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've got no more tears or explanations; - by Tucson - 09-23-2019, 01:50 PM
RE: I've got no more tears or explanations; - by Tucson - 10-03-2019, 12:54 AM