Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - So we meet again

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
Something was changing in the air, it was a barely notable shift, but for a moment Cally could feel it just as deeply as she could feel it stirring something in her chest. Instantly she had reached for that stirring, only for it to disappear again with a harsh slap to her determination. The earth hummed around her, as she ran through the forest. And in that brief moment, she could almost feel the forest around her.

She slowed as she could feel that creature before her, something hurting, something pained, something that sung to her to fix, to protect, to return to normal. She briefly heard Isra speak, making note of it being anything. She doesn't respond though, as she steps closer, her bow lowering, her arrow returning, her heart aching to help. Isra's words break through to her, but their words are almost haunting, but they're echoed around her. Echoed by another. Another.

Another spoke those words with my friend. It's odd, calling Isra who is nearly a stranger to me - and even Fable - a Friend, but it fits. But the voice that echoes those words do not belong to her. Do you wish to save? To purify? I don't bother looking for the one speaking, the presence is familiar, but one I haven't felt since I passed through the Portal. The last time I'd heard that sort of voice, felt that sort of feeling sink over my pelt had been when it had been urging me away from the surface of the portal, begging me to return, begging me not to step through. This voice, however was more powerful. It echoed through the trees around me, the grasses and bushes. The very land beneath me seemed to chime. Do you wish to save it? You know what to do.

I did, I knew I did. But, I also don't have access to that ability. Try. Reach for me. Remember. I force myself not to flinch, and instead I focus on the voice, the feeling of it's presence all around me. I reach forward, I reach with in. And I feel the answering song behind the cage Novus had wrapped it in. The magic is pulsating beneath my touch, eager to reach me, to reach out. Remember me. Remember you. Who are you? Who am I? I'm Cally. Some half doe-half horse monster. Still I almost feel myself wrap around the bars of that cage, eager to touch what I'd been separated from for so long. No . . . you're more. Who are you? A touch, it's the briefest of touch, that magic connecting with me. But it's sudden, it's forceful, it's . . . home. My eyes snap open wide with the same green glow of my telekenetic magic. The same green glow that once connected me to my druid abilities.

And I remember.

The change seems to come from nowhere, a vast amount of power that erupts off of the small doe creature the moment her psyche touches her trapped potential. It connects to her and floods her vision with vibrant green, the magic cascading off her in waves that seem to hum in tune to the very world around her. In that instant, the currents open up to her, and she can feel the very earth welcoming her home, welcoming her back. The trees chatter to her eagerly, the grass whispers reassurances, the world folds her into it's touch. Home.

Her vibrant green-glowing eyes turned towards the creature, and trapped in the very currents that had called to her, she can see the energy coursing through the animal, the darker parts where that energy is being tainted. Look. Look at it. Don't you wish to save it? To purify it? The current whispers the words eagerly, desperately, it's voice echoing through the trees and foliage, Let me help you. Let me teach you. The current directs her actions, as she steps closer, walking along the line of energy that flowed through the forest. Before her the creature that she now recognizes as a young wolf snarls and moves into a lunging position.

Cally doesn't give it time to response. She draws from the currents itself, reacting as she once was, who she once had been. The magic flares, almost to hot, too much as she directs it into the creature before her, the energy currents rushing through it, leaving the creature unharmed even as the current grabs onto the darkened, tainted energy, tearing into it, wrapping it up into the currents. Cally stands still as the current is pushed by her will to help the creature. She's unaware of the visible bit of energy that had formed from the original lash of green energy when the cage had been broken. The energy clung to her, possessively staying close to her skin, hovering over her pelt with all of the determination of the currents that had directed her. Yes. Yes. Remember who you are. The current and the energy surrounding her seemed to whisper to her ears along.

The current came crashing back then, forcing itself through her, her body. She'd called it forward, and the snapping of it back into place had a scream leaving her muzzle, the energy burning hot through her, warping her original magic to match it's own energy. The doe's eyes flutter close as her limbs collapsed under her, and the energies gently lowered her to the ground, even as it pulled and tugged her own energy, both strengthening her and bonding with her, corrupting her magic to something that would let her connect to this new home earth easier.

The wolf looked up with clear eyes, whining in confusion, in relief, in the lack of pain. It seemed to hesitate, before approaching the downed doe, nosing her once in thanks before it turned and bolted. Cally's eyes slowly blinked open, her head hurting. The green energy hung heavily over her, tendrils seeming to gently stroke her fur as if rewarding her for accepting it, accepting herself. She slowly sat up, her body aching from using too much magic when she wasn't properly prepared to call upon it, a necessary sacrifice the current had deemed, to prepare her for merging with it. Even now she could feel the currents, the flow of energy beneath the earth and all around her - flowing through her at the core of her being. It had asked who she was, and in wake of the pain, Cally was remembering what she'd forgotten. She was a Druid. She stood for the protection of the Earth and it's creatures, its' champion, and in return the energy protected her.

Cally groaned as she slowly shook her head, as the energy clinging to her pelt seemed to shift in worry before wrapping around her back and neck like hug, feeding her bits of the flow, even as it cost her more of her energy to replace what had been taken. It was a cycle she'd learn about the hard way as she rested from the unleashing and manipulating of the full current to remove the tainted energy of the wolf, to rid it of the rabies that tried to corrupt it. Her gaze slowly turned towards Isra, blinking as the energy settled around her now that it felt it's new champion was okay. Cally climbed slowly to her hooves, limbs shaking like a young branch in a storm, "The wolf? Did . . . Did I save it?" She spoke to Isra, but it was the trees that answered her and her head snapped up to stare up at them, her eyes wide as the yes, and thank yous echoed around. A few chimed in about other topics, one seemed to veer off the course of conversation with wanting to share a tale. Moisture gathered at the corners of Cally's eyes and she turned back to her friend, her smile relieved, reassured, "I can hear them again . . . ." Her voice was filled with joy, with disbelief, a touch of shock. Her gaze turned back to the nearest tree that introduced itself by stating it was called 'Oak,' a name that was shared by a bunch of its' neighbors. Cally laughed in shock, delight - almost afraid to believe what her ears were picking up, "I can hear the trees again. It's back, Isra . . . My magic."

No, not just her magic. Cally's limbs had shifted, her head held a little higher, and with the energy that seemed to cling to her like a parasite, possessive of it's new champion, she could be mistaken for being a new citizen of Novus. Her eyes shown, the shock wearing off and leaving joy and determination in her place. I am Callynite, the Druid of the Earth. The energies sung in joy, and that voice returned one last time, before it would fall silent unless she needed it, Welcome Home, Druid..

"Speech"
@Isra ;; I cannot say how much I loved this. Not quite what I had originally had in mind for her unlocking it - but I liked taking the extra steps of having the earth call out to her in response to her desperate call to it to let her help. <3 Somehow that energy has taken on a possessive state . . . more so than I originally imagined it would.

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
So we meet again - by Callynite - 09-14-2019, 07:34 PM
RE: So we meet again - by Isra - 09-29-2019, 06:45 PM
RE: So we meet again - by Callynite - 10-01-2019, 10:18 AM
RE: So we meet again - by Isra - 10-09-2019, 11:38 AM
RE: So we meet again - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 09:34 AM
RE: So we meet again - by Isra - 10-25-2019, 12:24 PM
RE: So we meet again - by Callynite - 10-25-2019, 03:26 PM
RE: So we meet again - by Isra - 11-10-2019, 09:18 PM
RE: So we meet again - by Callynite - 11-17-2019, 07:58 PM
RE: So we meet again - by Isra - 12-07-2019, 12:29 AM
RE: So we meet again - by Callynite - 02-09-2020, 09:45 AM