Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Why is my Arrow in your Shoulder?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
There was a great deal of shock warping through the small body of the doe, her eyes worried as she seemed to take in the giant before her, hoping she hadn't done any serious damage. He himself appeared to be in a shock of some sort, before he seemed to shake himself out of it, and turn to his shoulder. Oh goodness, he wouldn't actually go into shock would he? She had no training as a cleric - no need for it! That had been another of her herd's job! Oh please, please don't let him go into shock. Finally he did seem to come to an answer for her, stating that their was no blood in a broken sentence with plenty of pausing. Was that a sign of shock? And then she realized that his confusion and shock wasn't at the arrow - but at her. Her eyes narrowed a touch, the start of a spark flaring up behind her green eyes, as if already starting to think on his train of thought. Oh, please don't let him think she was some foal out and about playing with her parent's weapon. Just because she was tiny . . . and he was . . .

A giant. Plain and simple, he seemed a thousand feet tall next to him, and when he spoke, she huffed at his words, her posture and body language instantly shifting to a more sassy stance, as she narrowed her eyes. "I'm not undertall, I'm fun sized." Her tone was haunting, her head held high and poised in a manner of regality. She huffed a second time when he spoke of having never seen a horse as small as her, and her doe tail twitched, her features twisting for a second as she straightened her shoulders faintly, squaring he stance a touch more, "Perhaps you've not see a horse like me, because I am in fact a deer - or, was before twisted in this half and half state." The doe stated firmly, her eyes narrowed just so on him as he dropped his head to look at her better. Really, she shouldn't have hit him, but come on - insulting her size AND calling her a horse in the same sentence - she should have hit him harder.

That thought did wonders for bringing her back down to a better level, and her stance loosened, apologizing again before realizing her had hooves aflame. When asking to not be stepped on (it was a legitimate concern! The size of his hoof could do serious damage here!!), the stallion had the nerve to laugh, cause her to raise a brow at him. Repeat - legitimate concern. He then stated that should she stay where she could be seen, he'd do his best not to step on her, although he did speak openly about the hooves on fire thing. Not much damage, flames going out - just careful not to start fires. Suddenly the little doe appeared into slide into research mode, glancing down at his hooves more directly, "How hot are they? Do you feel the heat? If they go out as soon as you walk away, is it only standing still that you have to worry about lighting a fire? Or can a fire blaze up while it's distinguishing after you've stepped forward? Are the useful in attack, or are they a cosmetic thing?" The amount of questions bubbling forth were met with earnest eyes that stared up in his face, before she tilted her head, "What happens when you step into water?"

Of course, when Coy was brought up, hoping that this fella wouldn't tell him about her slip up of striking him with an arrow - she was not expecting his response, and the doe sized herself right back up, her expression turning annoyed, "Little one? Father? Hardly. I'm four, thanks kindly. I'm certainly no fawn. And Coy is the bane of my existance because I accidentally sta-, er because he doesn't watch where he's going in caverns. I can certainly practice this weapon just fine, I'm no novice at it, at any rate. And lastly, I'm mostly deer, we tend to be built far different from you horses, the prime characteristic being a much smaller stature, so I'd thank you kindly not to mistake me for a foal again." She declared with a strong infliction to her voice - her head held high, and silently blaming all of this on Huehuecoyotl.

"Speech"
@Sol Bestiam - Sol confuses her for a fawn, calls Coy her father - and she blames it all on Coy. xP

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
Why is my Arrow in your Shoulder? - by Callynite - 09-15-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: Why is my Arrow in your Shoulder? - by Callynite - 10-01-2019, 09:00 AM