Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - everything's coming up green

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

I P O M O E A

He wants to press for more, to ask her why she sighs and why Terrastella is only “well enough.” Ipomoea knows what it’s like to take over a kingdom in… less than the best of circumstances (really, was it ever good to lose a king? No matter how it happened?)

So he doesn’t ask her what he wants to. Ipomoea only smiles and says ”Are you sure I can’t get you a drink, something warm? Perhaps this conversation is better suited indoors, where we can make ourselves comfortable.”

It’s a trick he learned as an Emissary, so long ago now it feels like another lifetime. It was always safer to talk politics with food, and drink, and somewhere bright. And, of course, as far away from any eavesdroppers as possible - even when talking about peace, even when exchanging gifts, even when the whole Court appears to be sleepily starting its day, oblivious to the two Sovereigns meeting alone in the courtyard. Even then, Po knows better.

“I have no desire to start animosity with your Court, Lady Marisol. Dusk has always been a friend to the Dawn, and we are in no rush to change that.” His looks at her from the corner of one cherry eye, as he moves towards the waiting citadel. She had come without her war paint - and he supposes that is a good sign. Asterion had trusted her, and he had trusted Asterion, and that too, was a good sign.

But Ipomoea has just come home from a war, and the ground still echoes with the cries of it.

“If you are willing, perhaps we can work out an arrangement to ensure our peace will hold?”

There was no such thing as certainty, in todays’ world. But Ipomoea was in no rush to admit such things.

@Marisol
”here am i!“

Messages In This Thread
everything's coming up green - by Marisol - 10-05-2019, 11:47 AM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Ipomoea - 10-10-2019, 12:11 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Marisol - 10-15-2019, 02:02 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Marisol - 12-13-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Ipomoea - 01-01-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Marisol - 05-24-2020, 09:14 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Ipomoea - 06-04-2020, 03:31 PM