Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the sun also rises -- auditions

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

you be the wind
i'll be the wildflower

The citadel’s bells are ringing, and Ipomoea’s hooves echo through the empty halls, each strike hard and sharp. A runner jogs alongside him, young and struggling to keep up.

“Who do I notify, sir?” he asks, and the Sovereign glances at him with one cherry colored eye.

“Everyone.”

The youth looks shocked for a moment, then quickly nods. “Of course!” he says, and canters off. Ipomoea pauses beside an open window, listening to his hurried hoofbeats fade away. A vine reaches in through the window, morning glories blossoming along its length. A petal brushes against his shoulder, its touch as soft as silk.

The Dawn Court has been far too quiet since his return, like a thick veil has been dropped over the city. It feels strange to him; once he had mistaken the quiet for peace.

Now it feels to him like a Court hovering on the brink of its own death, a Court whose breath does not come easy.

He looks out into the Courtyard, where the first are beginning to gather, drawn forward by the messenger racing through the city. It’s still early morning, and a low fog is clinging low to the ground, making the horses look like ghosts emerging from the grey. The Court is just beginning its day, an hour when others might still be sleeping. But he knows they will come. They are the early-risers, the sunrise-watchers, the ones who find peace in new beginnings. He waits for them, waits for the way they slowly trickle in to slow.

And then he goes out to them.

“Delumine,” he calls, and his voice seems to cut through the fog like sunlight breaking through a cloud. As he speaks, he does not stand before them. Ipomoea walks among them, his Court, his family, his friends, and he looks them in their eyes with a smile that is warm and bright despite the autumn’s chill.

“Today I come to you with one request. Delumine, once a great place of learning, of love, of joy, has begun to wane. You are the only ones who can save it.

“This I ask: any of you who are willing, come forward. Any of you who love your Court and wish to see her prosper, come forward. Any of you who have a dream, a hope, a desire, a love, a grievance, a will to change the world: come forward, and help me to do just that.”

He stops then in their midst, as the people of his Court gather in close. Ipomoea reaches down, breathing upon the dark, damp earth. A chicory plant begins to grow, its pale blue flowers blooming and reaching out like fingers for the citizens.

The flower-crowned king smiles, and looks back at them all. “Help me change the world. Together we will bloom, and our colors will be the brightest of them all.”

The first birds of the morning begin to sing.

@everyone!

auditions are open!

These auditions are open to anyone who is seeking a role within the Dawn Court. At the moment Regime, Champion, and speciality ranks are all open. You don't need your character to state which rank they want IC, but please make sure your character shows up and reply with the form OOC.

This thread will close on or around November 2nd. After that, I will post a short IC reply with Po to announce ranks.

If you currently have a rank, you must reply to this meeting to keep and/or defend your rank! If you don't reply and someone else does and speaks up your rank, you will forfeit it to them.

Above all, I want people who plan to actively engage with Dawn Court. I want the Regime and Counsel to act as a team to plan events, lore, plots, and help keep the community active! I will expect equal effort from this team (myself included), and look forward to having a team that will support each other through IC and OOC/life developments. Everyone has a shot at this position, whether you're a Dawn Court native or not. Po and I both need your help, and look forward to working with you. ♡

In order to apply,

please post an IC response to this post; then fill out the following OOC form, and either post it at the bottom or your reply or, if you prefer, send it in a message to me.

- Which rank would you like your character to have?
Please list rank in order of preference, if you have more than one choice.

- How active do you think your character will be if they are given a PoP?
I don't expect 10+ every month! I'd just like a feel for how many posts you think you can comfortably keep up without stressing yourself out.

- Are you willing to help develop Court lore, NPCs, events, etc?

- What are you some plot ideas you have for Delumine? What's your vision?

- Where do you see your character, specifically, fitting in?

***please note, if you are only seeking a speciality rank (those seen here, this form is not necessary!! Just let me know which you'd like c:

thank you everyone for your interest

Messages In This Thread
the sun also rises -- auditions - by Ipomoea - 10-05-2019, 08:43 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Andras - 10-17-2019, 10:40 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Mateo - 10-19-2019, 12:51 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Atlaas - 10-22-2019, 01:40 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Seir - 10-26-2019, 12:41 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Somnus - 10-26-2019, 11:26 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Thana - 10-28-2019, 11:20 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Emersyn - 10-30-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Eros - 11-02-2019, 03:37 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Messalina - 11-03-2019, 10:50 AM