Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the sun also rises -- auditions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

The sound of bells stirs the foggy morning.

Mateo is there. Not first or last but in between, he arrives, and squeezes between two monks. “What’s going on?” He asks quietly the man to his left (Frankie was his name– Mateo bumped into him often at the taverns)

Once the sun rose and cut through the chill of night it was going to be a crisp, clear day. Mateo knew this as any winged creature does: he could feel it in his feathers. Until then, the fog hangs heavy as the silence, interrupted only by muffled, uncertain whispers and the soft clop of winged feet.

Mateo feels a cringey nervousness at the thought of speaking in front of all these people. It is not until Impomoea draws closer, as he makes his way round the small gathering, that Mateo clears his throat and catches the regent– no, the sovereign’s– attention with a wave of a single black wing.

M-Me too, sir. I’ll do anything.” The young black pegasus is careful not to look at the other young black pegasus, the newer one. The one who spoke first. He fluffs his feathers nervously. “I love my court. And I– I just want the rest of Novus to see all there is to love here. We could– we should be sharing our bounty with the other courts. Make Delumine a safehaven of knowledge and justice.” He folds into a graceful bow, and manages at last to speak in a voice that does not quiver: “Wherever you want me, I am there.

It might be sunlight that suddenly fills the gathering, or it might just be a trick of his magic. Either way, for just a moment the air is warm and bright and full of promise.

art

- Which rank would you like your character to have?
Champion of Wisdom or Community? Warden might suit him as well? Honestly, wherever Po wants him <3

- How active do you think your character will be if they are given a PoP?
5 posts per  month at the very very least

- Are you willing to help develop Court lore, NPCs, events, etc?
Of course, I’d love to!

- What are you some plot ideas you have for Delumine? What's your vision?
I would love to utilize the forest more! Forests traditionally being a place of darkness/mystery/unknown, there’s a lot of fun stuff there to explore. Perhaps new landmarks, NPCs, and lore to develop. I also have always loved the scholarly element of Delumine and would love plots that would encourage Dawn Court citizens to travel to other courts to learn new things.

- Where do you see your character, specifically, fitting in?
Honestly I’m a little torn with Mateo at the moment and considered shelving him for a long while. He’s traditionally been a homebody who’s stuck close to court, and I see him either taking advantage of this and being a constant figure in court life, OR being challenged to break out of his comfort zone and leave Delumine more.

Messages In This Thread
the sun also rises -- auditions - by Ipomoea - 10-05-2019, 08:43 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Andras - 10-17-2019, 10:40 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Mateo - 10-19-2019, 12:51 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Atlaas - 10-22-2019, 01:40 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Seir - 10-26-2019, 12:41 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Somnus - 10-26-2019, 11:26 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Thana - 10-28-2019, 11:20 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Emersyn - 10-30-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Eros - 11-02-2019, 03:37 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Messalina - 11-03-2019, 10:50 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Ipomoea - 11-03-2019, 01:49 PM