Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the sun also rises -- auditions

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Cass [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

The ancients whisper, do you hear them?

~~~
Perhaps it had been the wind whispering through the changing leaves or the rumors that filtered into the woods, carried on the wings of songbirds but he’d been drawn from the forest. It had been an age since his emerald eyes had been set upon a clear sky, the canopy had been his shelter for far too long and now he found himself heading towards the capitol, following the whispers of a flower kissed king.

It was a long journey but the antlered creature simply followed the raging river that slithered across Delumine towards the distant, glistening sea. It was a silent journey, only the simple echoes of nature reaching the stallion, his ears swivelling to catch each beautiful sound. Seir wasn’t particularly happy about facing the city but in his heart, he knew there was something for him there. For some time, it was as if he could feel a void in his woods. The trees had grown quieter, their presence fading slightly and the young god had grown increasingly concerned with the state of the Viride.

~~~

Finally, peeking over the slowly brightening horizon, the city comes into Sier’s view and a sigh escapes him. The godling had been avoiding this for so long, his existence remaining unknown to the rest of the world, even though he’d been there for seemingly countless years. Time had slowed for him and his time in the forest was peaceful and undisturbed, until this uprooting of Dawn’s politics. Honestly, the creature wasn’t sure who was leading these lands or who had come before him but now seemed to be the best time to intervene. It was time for Delumine to know of him, of those like him who were living beneath the surface of society.

To others, the ageless, antlered creature would appear a myth, but as he walked through the streets of the city, it became clear he was no such thing. The lantern hanging from a tine above his skull was squeaking slightly with his fluid movements. The strangers that passed him seemed to stop and gawk at the curious, ethereal being that made his first appearance here at such a crucial hour. However, the stallion’s jade gaze never left the palace before him, his attention solely dedicated to the king who had risen from the dirt, blooming like a flower in his woodland home.

A voice reached him, a clear, kind tone that reverberated down the street as his attention landed on the man who had spoken.
“Today I come to you with one request. Delumine, once a great place of learning, of love, of joy, has begun to wane. You are the only ones who can save it. "
Sier’s eyes narrowed slightly at the painted stallion’s honest words, his mind racing as he imagined all the ways the condition of Viride reflected his statement.

Cloven hooves carried him closer, his antlers standing out in the growing crowd of citizens and yet, he stood oddly still, each muscle frozen as he remained fixed upon their budding king. Sier had watched many royals, empires and politicians rise and fall, each the same; foolish and overly ambitious. But, this one seemed…. different and the immortal couldn’t quite decipher what the reason could be.

“This I ask: any of you who are willing, come forward. Any of you who love your Court and wish to see her prosper, come forward. Any of you who have a dream, a hope, a desire, a love, a grievance, a will to change the world: come forward, and help me to do just that.”
The request struck a chord within him and suddenly there was turmoil rushing through his veins. That inner voice was screaming, demanding that he not allow himself to become involved in these useless matters again.
But, it didn’t take long for his concious to win out and a sigh escaped him once more as he stepped forward.

Allowing himself to become exposed before the king, he nods slightly, an indication of his loyalty in those silent moments. All that time, those centuries of existence had done nothing but prepare him for a life of solitude and now, the antlered creature had revealed himself and bowed before a young king.
As he watched that petite flower appear from the earth, he knew it couldn't be a mistake.
~~~

~~~
- Which rank would you like your character to have?
Please list rank in order of preference, if you have more than one choice.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I think he would be a wonderful adviser but not so much a friend to the court (he's kind of grumpy and old).
If Po knows of a place for him or needs something filled, he'd be more then happy to do so, whether that be as regent, emissary or champion of wisdom.

- How active do you think your character will be if they are given a PoP?
Pretty active, I have been very active with Ramses and I don't see why Seir would be any different? Especially because he is so different from Ramses! You know if anything would impede my activity I would definitely keep you updated!

- Are you willing to help develop Court lore, NPCs, events, etc?
Of course! You know I am always willing to help you because you know how much I love Dawn!

- What are you some plot ideas you have for Delumine? What's your vision?
I think you know this but I can reach out to you some more!

- Where do you see your character, specifically, fitting in?
Anywhere, he will mostly stick around Delumine but I could see him making journies outside Dawn to help build relations with other courts .
~~~

[Image: d76m7ty-c3d3b9e6-f9f9-4b8f-b85a-482e77b8...uNXpWjcHAk]
Sing me a lullaby of wolves and woods.
~
All interactions but maiming and death allowed.

Messages In This Thread
the sun also rises -- auditions - by Ipomoea - 10-05-2019, 08:43 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Andras - 10-17-2019, 10:40 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Mateo - 10-19-2019, 12:51 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Atlaas - 10-22-2019, 01:40 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Seir - 10-26-2019, 12:41 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Somnus - 10-26-2019, 11:26 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Thana - 10-28-2019, 11:20 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Emersyn - 10-30-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Eros - 11-02-2019, 03:37 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Messalina - 11-03-2019, 10:50 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Ipomoea - 11-03-2019, 01:49 PM