Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the sun also rises -- auditions

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sea [PM] Posts: 39 — Threads: 12
Signos: 560
Inactive Character

The Girl From Oldwood

She never expected to see him again - not like this - on the steps of the Delumine turf, breathing life into nothingness and causing plants to grow -- then asking the citizens for their help.  Delumine always seemed so sleepy, at least in the month that Emersyn had arrived, but now seeing how small and intimate the gathering of Dawn was, now she understood why.  It almost reminded her of home, after the entire city had been razed down to nothing but the soldiers who survived.  The sheer thought gave her goosebumps, but Emersyn maintained a steady approach as she neared them.  

Ipomoea, the man from Veneror, he was their King - her king - and never once did she think to ask who he was when she told him her story.  Even now, after all her words, she still felt no shame in revealing her hand of cards.  If anything, she felt relief in knowing that they had spoken prior to this meeting (and quite candidly at that!).   Everyone else that had gathered seemed familiar in some way, Mateo especially, and she wondered just how closely she would be working with this group. 

Emersyn stood alone in the crowd, not much for tight spaces or physical contact.  She waited patiently for those around her to speak their thoughts, concerns, even desires.  Even now she could not think of what she wanted from Delumine, just that she could help the struggling court to the best of her abilities.  More of a soldier and much less of a soothsayer, the woman chose an ambiguous way to offer her services hoping that the king would understand whatever level she was coming from. 

"I trust you, sir.  I trust you'll put me to work where I may be most helpful."  Her eyes were more affixed to the chicory plant blooming before her very eyes.  The magic was beyond her, one day she may understand (she doubted it), but she could not help but wonder - "Why chicory?"  The soldier asked knowing that the answer would most likely come to her another day.  

~~~

@Ipomoea  We meet again!  Sorry for another short reply.  :<

- Which rank would you like your character to have?
She's recovering from a bad history (Ipomoea actually knows it) so it would be in his best interest to place her somewhere he thinks would be fitting.  The girl might not be good in a military position unless we are all interested in creating some weird PTSD story arc (that could end badly for Delumine, if we need a dark plot for the court)

- How active do you think your character will be if they are given a PoP?
More active than she is now, especially if she has obligations to her court. (right now we have no plots going so it has been slow and steady as we greet and meet new faces)

- Are you willing to help develop Court lore, NPCs, events, etc?
Absolutely!  I love Lore and I would enjoy creating events and NPC's.

- What are you some plot ideas you have for Delumine? What's your vision?
Mateo and Emersyn are about to encounter an invisible monster in Viride forest (spoiler alert) that could potentially aid in some plots.  I like the ideas I've been reading about a sick forest. My other Dawn character, previously a tree in Viride, was brought down by an invasion of insects that are known for destroying groves of trees by feeding on them.  This could be helpful.  Since Delumine doesn't seem to have many enemies, creating creatures that destroy buildings or uprooting the harmony of the library could be interesting.  I like monsters, and would enjoy dropping some prompts for Delumine for the civilians to fight them/protect each other or properties.  Emersyn is also incredibly nosy, and it would be fun to start generating a newspaper of some sorts with all the local gossip (or other court gossip) a weekly journal of everything going on.  A collection of horses could be deployed to go find weekly stories, come home to collaborate to generate press.  It can be anything; positive news, scandals, monster sightings, murders, births, promotions, job offers, ads.

- Where do you see your character, specifically, fitting in?
She is always within the city, libraries, or training on the outskirts.  She is also travelling to other courts when there is nothing too pressing going on.  Emersyn likes to know what is going on everywhere and to have a full scope of her surroundings.

Messages In This Thread
the sun also rises -- auditions - by Ipomoea - 10-05-2019, 08:43 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Andras - 10-17-2019, 10:40 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Mateo - 10-19-2019, 12:51 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Atlaas - 10-22-2019, 01:40 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Seir - 10-26-2019, 12:41 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Somnus - 10-26-2019, 11:26 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Thana - 10-28-2019, 11:20 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Emersyn - 10-30-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Eros - 11-02-2019, 03:37 PM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Messalina - 11-03-2019, 10:50 AM
RE: the sun also rises -- auditions - by Ipomoea - 11-03-2019, 01:49 PM