Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Racing the River

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
The young doe knew she was odd, unfamiliar - different. It's what happens when magic decides to mess with you. She had heard every variation of the 'what are you' question as well; and unfortunately she wasn't too sure what she really was either. How do you not know what you are? Cally grinned easily, her expression amused as she took in the other, "Well, to be honest, there's a bit of debate on the topic. I still identify as a deer, but . . . well, let's be honest; I don't look like your standard doe anymore," Cally admitted with a faint laugh.

It was a better reaction to the question than when she'd first come to Novus. No longer was she as bitter about her change in appearance, she'd come to accept her reflection as her own, even if she refused to go any closer to 'horse' than a hybrid. At least even claiming herself a hybrid she could make sure focus was put on the 'deer' aspect. A deer first, a horse second. Then this other gave her own name, Sloane. It had a pretty, though strong sound to it, as Cally rolled it through her thoughts, "Well, it's nice to meet you, Sloane. A pleasure." Her smile was as warm as her tone, before returning to the topic of the magic portal.

"Eh, it certainly did a number on me; but then again maybe I was askin' for it. Who walks through a mysterious and clearly magical portal that they are unfamiliar with in the first place? Not my smartest move, I'll admit." The former druid admitted, before tilting her head when Sloane asked her why she'd ended up in Delumine. This time, Cally's gaze turned softer, almost gentling, "Familiarity. It reminds me of home. The forests and meadows . . . it's similar to where I came from. And I guess, I wanted something familiar to cling to when everything else - even my reflection was so different." She explained softly. It had been familiar, when nothing else in Novus was.

"Speech"
@Sloane

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
Racing the River - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 04:49 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Sloane - 10-11-2019, 04:52 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Callynite - 10-17-2019, 02:48 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Sloane - 10-26-2019, 11:43 AM
RE: Racing the River - by Callynite - 10-29-2019, 02:28 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Sloane - 11-26-2019, 02:04 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Callynite - 12-08-2019, 01:10 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Sloane - 12-17-2019, 05:43 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Callynite - 02-09-2020, 01:06 AM
RE: Racing the River - by Sloane - 03-25-2020, 08:08 PM