Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - someday i'll land in the nuthouse

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

Sloane was almost insulted when Ipomoea did not immediately know about what she was talking about. Had Somnus not mentioned to him that he had given her permission to live on the island and claim it as her own? What a terrible individual Somnus must have been to simply forget to tell his predecessor that he had given away one of small islands off the coast of Delumine to her. The island was rightfully hers and she would put up a fight if necessary to protect that small piece of land. It was her home, it was where she was able to breathe clean, fresh out without thinking about a single thing interrupting her. The only thing that would have made it remotely better was for those fucking squirrels to be put on a different island besides the one that was directly next door to her island.

However, before she could throw up a fuss about why he didn’t know the island belonged to her, there was movement as a guard stepped towards her, intent to protect the new king. Was the guard really afraid of her? Sloane might be bitchy and hard to reason with let alone talk to, but she was hardly mean enough to try and take a crown. She didn’t want the king’s job and was not so easily bought to kill him herself. Sloane tended to stay out of that sort of trouble. She was a loner by nature and rarely got involved in any sort of political drama.

Sloane glared at the guard as Ipomoea waved him off, thankful that at least her new king understood that she was relatively harmless. She was like an annoying fly, always buzzing around your ear but never really able to hurt you.

Attention turned back to Ipomoea when he began to speak, telling her that he had no intention of taking back the island and displacing her. Good. She had half a mind to tell him she would be far less passive if he did. But the new Sloane was trying to be more social so she grit her teeth in an attempt not to say what she truly wanted to say.

"…so what are your intentions?" The words were spewed from her lips before what little filter was there was able to filter out. "…regarding Delumine." What she really wanted to know was what he had planned for her. She didn’t give a rat’s ass about anyone else, only what would ultimately effect her. If he wasn’t after her island, would he demand her actually become a productive member of society? Fight in wars? Go on peace-talking missions? None of those things were things that Sloane was particularly good at. In fact, Sloane wasn’t very good at much of anything. "Or are you going to just keep Delumine in the shadows like the last king…" Alright…filter had officially failed. That was probably NOT something that Sloane should have said, but she couldn’t help it.

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 10-14-2019, 09:55 AM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 02:03 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 11-26-2019, 01:48 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 12-12-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 01-10-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 02-11-2020, 02:45 AM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 03-25-2020, 07:45 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 04-15-2020, 11:51 PM