Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - close yet far

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Araxes

ARAXES
TENDER HEART

Of all the things to expect... she does not expect to actually have captured someone's attention.

Shame burns white hot through her veins, and Araxes feels those long ears of hers drop down, her breathing quickening as she attempts to calm herself in some way. The voice that had echoed was female, and the steps were light, the grasses bending and swaying, brittle in the autumn as they broke and gave way for the other equine, and... exposed her.

The merchant digs her front hooves into the dirt, lifting her front half just a little from the ground, and looks up at the other mare, a hesitant smile on her features, and a slight quiver to her lips, her voice, as her mouth opens to allow her to speak again. "I don't think there's much anyone can do," she admits, her voice soft. What was done is her own doing, and her own burden to shoulder. She will not bother others with it.

"I'm sorry... I don't mean to distress anyone. I thought I was rather alone out here," she admitted, her shoulders shifting as she dragged herself up to all four hooves, delicately small. "My name is Araxes... I'm a merchant for the Dusk Court." She's not new to the courts by any means, though to be a merchant is certainly some sort of new extension. She'd rather be a medic or healer of some sort.

Peddling her abilities and wares... it feels wrong now that she's back in Novus. Doing it outside of these lands meant survival, and she only took what she had needed, never anything more.

A breath is taken, and the striped mare once more finds the mental box, carefully compartmentalizing her emotions, filing them away for later. She's come a long way from being the small and emotional thing she had once been when she had first stepped into Novus in the very beginning.

@briar || i don't mind at all ahhhhh

Messages In This Thread
close yet far - by Araxes - 10-25-2019, 01:25 PM
RE: close yet far - by Briar - 10-26-2019, 12:13 AM
RE: close yet far - by Araxes - 10-27-2019, 10:00 PM
RE: close yet far - by Briar - 10-31-2019, 10:31 PM