Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ageless hearts and blossoming souls.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Cass [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

The ancients whisper, do you hear them?

~~~

The antlered man was walking down the hall as soon as the crowd dispersed. Seir asks a servant where he can find their sovereign and he finds himself much deeper in the palace as he searches for Ipomoea.
The sound of his cloven hooves clopping on the marble floor is a lonely echo. This place seems so quiet… almost as if it had fallen into a deep slumber. How long had Delumine been in this state? Should he have come here much sooner? Has he been ignorant to the nation’s struggles that had just began leaking into the forest?
~~~

Seir sighs as he approaches the doorway and his emerald eyes fall upon the boy king.
"Seir. Come in, come in.”
The stallion’s antlered crown dips for a moment, a significant movement for Seir, a sign of respect for the boy, as the young man’s words reach him.
"We have much to talk about.”
They did have much to discuss, especially the state of their kingdom as a whole.
When Ipomoea offers him a glass of water, he accepts it and takes a sip, not wanting to offend the king.

"How are you? Settling in well enough, I hope?”
The flower child asks with a seeming forced smile; Seir’s ageless eyes do not miss it, but he chooses to ignore what he has no say in, and for the first time in a very long time, he speaks.
“It’s much different from the forest,” he simply states, his own voice sounds foreign to him, quiet but strong. How long had it been since he’s spoken? Years?
“But I’ve lived in many places such as this, I should settle in time,” Seir comments to Ipomoea but also as a reassurance to himself. It has been centuries since he’s left the woods and yes, he misses it, of course, but he now has a duty to their kingdom.

“Tell me child, what ails Delumine?” the godling asks, his head tilted slightly to the side as if he ponders the question himself. He does not mean to offend the boy for calling him young but compared to Seir’s long life, there just isn’t a word more fitting.
Of course he would never call the sovereign such a thing in front of an audience but here, he simply does not think of it.

~~~

Tags: @Ipomoea
OOC: Sorry, this feels so awkward lol

[Image: d76m7ty-c3d3b9e6-f9f9-4b8f-b85a-482e77b8...uNXpWjcHAk]
Sing me a lullaby of wolves and woods.
~
All interactions but maiming and death allowed.

Messages In This Thread
ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Seir - 11-03-2019, 11:06 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 11-04-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Seir - 11-06-2019, 11:10 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 11-14-2019, 02:38 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 11-23-2019, 11:05 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 12-13-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 01-17-2020, 05:39 PM