Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ageless hearts and blossoming souls.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Cass [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

The ancients whisper, do you hear them?

~~~

The stallion’s eyes move towards the window and he loses himself for a moment in the beauty beyond the capitol. The fog had lifted and the brilliance of Delumine became clear to him. The vast forest goes on an on, reaching towards the horizon and his heart ached for the home he’d left behind. Somewhere far north, the Viride sits, quiet and undisturbed, the massive trees whispering their secrets to a whimsical breeze.

Seir sighs as the boy’s words reach him, pulling him from the depths of his own mind.
“That it is.”
Ipomoea states, his eyes also focusing on the trees out the windows as he had just moments before.
“Let me know if you need anything, you have only to ask.”
The king continues, his crimson gaze returning to reality and to Seir. The ageless creature only nods in thanks, a ghost of a smile tugging at the corners of his maw.

“I wish there was an easy answer.”
The painted royal speaks again, his voice withdrawn, gentle and quiet as he looks directly at Seir. Seir tilts his head as the youngling continues.
"To most of Novus, Delumine seems perfectly fine, and the quiet is easy to write off as our studious nature.”
Seir nods slowly as the other stallion begins laughing, the older beast narrows his eyes for a moment, trying to understand this outburst. He can only assume the king wishes to hide his sorrow behind laughter? For he knows Ipomoea would never make light of such things.

“But they weren’t always this way. To me this kind of quiet sounds more like death than anything else. Like the joy and excitement that gives us reason for being here has all but vanished.”
The immortal’s emerald eyes brighten at the statement and he nods, his agreement clear.
“Some might call me crazy or say I’m imagining it.”
The antlered beast simply shakes his head at this and anguish fills his heart as he directs his knowledge towards the Sovereign.

“You do not imagine these things,” Seir admits, his voice laced with a soft kindness, reassurance for the boy king.
“I have felt these things, it has leaked into the forest,” the flaxen man explains quietly.
“The trees have grown quiet and stilled. It was then that I realized that there was something very wrong,” he pauses for a moment, considering his next words.
“It is the reason why I travelled here, it is why I want to help you,” Seir admits, his voice clear and full of nothing but honesty.
It was true, they needed to do something. The dullness that had settled over their kingdom was frightening and he fears what could come of it.
“I have seen kingdoms wither away into nothing because they ignored such things” the godling points out as he recalls those faraway places.

“You are very wise to realize the importance of this and we must act, we must bring life back into Delumine or it will disappear like fog in the morning sun,” Seir concludes, his verdant eyes settling on the boy king once more, his expression tender. There was nothing he wanted more than to help this fledgling royal, to bring more to Dawn and redefine their culture.
“How do you wish to act first?” the immortal asks, his head tilting once more, eyes twinkling as he considers the many possibilities.

~~~

"Speaking."

OOC: yay!
Tags: @Ipomoea

[Image: d76m7ty-c3d3b9e6-f9f9-4b8f-b85a-482e77b8...uNXpWjcHAk]
Sing me a lullaby of wolves and woods.
~
All interactions but maiming and death allowed.

Messages In This Thread
ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Seir - 11-03-2019, 11:06 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 11-04-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 11-14-2019, 02:38 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Seir - 11-19-2019, 10:36 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 11-23-2019, 11:05 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 12-13-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 01-17-2020, 05:39 PM