Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ageless hearts and blossoming souls.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Cass [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

The ancients whisper, do you hear them?

~~~

What was he to do when he could see the king before him almost wither away in confusion and despair. Seir knew how bad it was but he hadn’t considered the toll it was taking on the boy.
”I am glad you’ve come then.”
Seir can’t help but feel for this young man, this boy was what trying so hard to save the home he loved. Oh how he related to this boy, how he felt the weight of their dying realm upon his own shoulders. A sad smile crosses his lips as he continues to listen to Ipomoea.

“You have far more experience than I.”
Perhaps this was true but it didn’t invalidate the painted stallion’s thoughts, experiences and ideas for their realm. It simply meant Seir had lived longer, it didn’t mean anything else. Yes, he’d seen many things, many terrors and joys. He’d seen life come and go, he’d seen creatures thrive only to wither away and be blown away by a cold wind. Life was hard, it really was, and he’d lived enough lives to understand this.

Delumine needs something to rouse it back to action, to liveliness. I had hoped the war out east would have provoked some sort of response - I should be thankful the fighting never reached our borders, but our citizens did not even seem concerned about that possibility. I don’t know how to make them see that, I don’t know how to show them -
Seir’s eyes widen at the boy’s words, how did he respond to such a thing? 

How do you think we should proceed, Seir?
For once in a long, long time, the ancient creature didn’t immediately have an answer and a silence settled over him as he receded into the depths of his own mind.
How did they go from here? Did the people need something chaotic to happen? Did they need to be awakened somehow? Really he didn’t have an answer right now.

Though you might assume so, war doesn’t always frighten the masses, the man contemplates out loud, to himself and to the other being.
For citizens like those of Delumine, such things might just cast them further into the abyss of numbness. It seems they are unreactive to the world around them, Seir says, his head tilting with his words.

Ipomoea, admittedly, I do not have an answer for you at this very moment, the godling says, his words distant as he continues to search every possibility.
However, I will be reading and searching for something to help our cause and of course, I will be right here at your side to encourage and give advice where I can.

Child, you cannot carry this burden alone, you will be crushed under the weight of it. That is why I am here, that is why I chose you. You are willing to take the brunt of it and that is why I think of you as a very, very worthy king and friend, the antlered stallion explains with a small smile and in another show of respect, bows deeply to the boy king. 
Age didn’t mean a thing when you had a heart as big as Ipomoea. Seir had no doubt that the young royal could carry them from this stagnant state and on, towards a brighter future.

~~~

”Speaking.”

~~~

OOC: I thought about his answer for days, apparently I am not smart enough for Seir.
Tags: @Ipomoea

[Image: d76m7ty-c3d3b9e6-f9f9-4b8f-b85a-482e77b8...uNXpWjcHAk]
Sing me a lullaby of wolves and woods.
~
All interactions but maiming and death allowed.

Messages In This Thread
ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Seir - 11-03-2019, 11:06 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 11-04-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 11-14-2019, 02:38 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 11-23-2019, 11:05 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Seir - 12-10-2019, 11:25 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 12-13-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: ageless hearts and blossoming souls. - by Ipomoea - 01-17-2020, 05:39 PM