Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The River Welcomes, The River Inspires

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Maxxie [PM] Posts: 7 — Threads: 1
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

A crow is seen taking up a perch from the corner of Icarus’ eye. None of the other birds in the area have come so close. So, he turns his head to get a clear look at it. The sight before him about knocks him over. A gray mare has landed- yes, landed! not too far from him. She has wings?? The short stallion looks at her with awe and boundless, childlike curiosity. Whoa. She’s dipped her head to take a drink from the river; just as he’d done. This winged mare has a long cloak, it mostly hangs to a single side and it is touching the ground. 

As soon as she picks her head back up, she seems to notice him. “Hi there! Are you from around here?” she spoke as she made her way over and stood next to him. Icarus turns to face her and manages a dumbstruck smile. Say something, stupid! The dapple gray mare’s cloak begins to move around just a bit- as if she were pulling it so it wouldn’t be dragging in the dirt. Only problem with that is … she’s not touching it! How in the …? No way! There’s no way. She possesses magic? Awesome! The stallion continues to smile, being far too lost in his thoughts to speak to her just yet.

“Corrdelia Maude," she introduces herself, offering a quick bow. Corrdelia, that’s a pretty name. "Fortune teller and crow witch of Terrastella. And you are?" Corrdelia asks him. Fortune teller?? Crow witch?? She certainly takes the hay for the most interesting horse he’s come across since arriving at Delumine. Wait … Did she say Terrastella? The seal brown stallion shakes himself. Icarus offers a bow of his own, his far slower than hers due his joints protesting otherwise. When he rises back up, he takes a breath. You can do this. Just say, hello.

“Icarus Delphine,” he tells her softly; he dips his head once more for good measure. “I’ve recently moved here, to Delumine. My mother lives in Terrastella. If it weren’t for Delumine’s forest and library, I’d likely have called it my home as well. But, there’s something about this place,” he trails off, gazing upwards at the sky as if that in it of itself were a gesture. 

"It feels like home. Though, of course, I plan to visit my mother from time to time.” Icarus brings his head back down to look at Corrdelia once more. Even though that still requires him to look up. She’s a good bit taller than he is. "There are a great many places I missed out on when I traveled with my mother as a foal. I hope to see it all,” the small stallion smiles once more. In the safety of his mind, he’s cheering that he hasn’t made an utter fool of himself. Yet. He’s so curious! He looks at her with nothing short of pure wonder.

"You’ll have to tell me if I’m being rude, but wow! You’ve got wings! And you moved your cloak with magic!?” Icarus speaks quickly, his voice a touch louder and an octave or two higher in pitch. He looks over her wings again, wondering if he could ever count all of the feathers. If she had tried to count them. 

"I’ve never encountered a horse with wings. I heard stories, of course. But, I always just thought they were just foal fables. You know?” His words are strung together in an excited haste. He seems to notice that he’s rambling and stops himself. The stallion smiles like a giddy dork; and his ears pin back bashfully. He can’t keep eye contact and looks down; pawing a stone beside his hoof. Icarus is grateful for that little rock being here to distract him from his own stupidity.

"Speaking." 
"Corrdelia's Dialogue." 
Icarus' Thoughts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The River Welcomes, The River Inspires - by Corrdelia - 11-09-2019, 12:13 AM
RE: The River Welcomes, The River Inspires - by Icarus - 11-09-2019, 04:45 AM
RE: The River Welcomes, The River Inspires - by Corrdelia - 11-09-2019, 02:07 PM
RE: The River Welcomes, The River Inspires - by Corrdelia - 11-29-2019, 06:32 PM
RE: The River Welcomes, The River Inspires - by Corrdelia - 12-09-2019, 11:29 PM