Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- the sea i drown in

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

It feels strange to be back on the island given how it disappeared not too long ago. She remembers all too well the rumbling of the earth and the way the waves angrily crashed against the shore. Equines everywhere fled by foot and by flight. There had been screaming and fear could be felt tenfold.

Now she's spent a short amount of time in this new island and all of that has disappeared. Instead, the island that emerged from the sea has transformed into a winter wonderland. The slightest breeze tosses the fallen snow up in the air and she catches some snowflakes on her tongue. Hāsta flies beside her, not impressed as usual, but Corr ignores it. With how dismal Terrastella has felt, she could use a little sunlight among the rain clouds. Especially now that the twins are nowhere to be found too. Wherever they are, she can only hope that they are safe from harm.

There is a sound nearby that catches the crow witch's attention. It almost sounds like a scream, but she isn't too sure. Even with the island's new look, the same strange, ancient magic is still present. Illusions are not unheard of here, even those done by sound.

Still, Corr decides she better check it out just in case and takes flight away from the snowy woods to the edge of the shore. She sees another standing there and instantly feels a wave of emotion. It nearly knocks her down out of the air, but she regains her balance and lands gracefully on the ground. Here it seems the seasons are fighting with each other with a blend of snow and sand. Hāsta is in her mind telling her not to bother, but she dismisses it. The situation doesn't seem dangerous (at least not yet).

Aside from the woman ahead, it's the fairies fluttering around her that make her slowly move forward. Perhaps they can feel the tension in the air and are trying to cheer her up, or they could be causing her more grief. Fairies liked causing mischief after all. With each foot step, Corr feels like she's trying to walk through a blizzard from how many emotions she can feel coming from this woman. It breaks her heart because she seems like a beautiful soul.

"Are you okay there, dear?" she asks, offering a warm smile in hopes that the stranger will turn around and not mind company. "What's wrong?"

Her magic is not strong enough yet, so Corrdelia finds it hard to separate herself from the anger and sadness and desperation. But she tries. She imagines the comforting smell of lavender and chamomile tea and the warmth from a fireplace. She tries to project this onto the woman in hopes it will calm her down and maybe help her open up.

@Boudika <3 Corr is here to help!

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
the sea i drown in - by Boudika - 12-03-2019, 01:45 PM
RE: the sea i drown in - by Corrdelia - 12-04-2019, 11:05 PM
RE: the sea i drown in - by Boudika - 12-26-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: the sea i drown in - by Corrdelia - 01-08-2020, 11:50 PM