Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- the sea i drown in

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

There is something about the woman that Corr notices. It's almost like she's a creature out of a mythology. She is taken in by the sea, but hesitates. It seems to make her more sad.

Corr is intrigued by the stranger's next words for a few reasons. Is it her magical ability to speak to the sea? Does she have some other connection to it? A brief thought goes to Asterion, but this feels different. Corr's magic can't pinpoint it.

"Maybe the sea just wants someone who will listen. Maybe it does not need you to understand - yet," she guesses, but cannot say for sure. The water is an element she never felt an affinity with, at least not in this medium. Rainwater, sometimes, but mostly when she's collecting it for elixirs and tinctures. She'll speak to it as it makes a pat pat pattering sound against the glass of her window, but it never talks back. Unless you consider the pattering a response.

Whatever it is about the sea, it seems to be what's troubling the woman. Corr thinks of asking more questions, but she is asked one instead about flying. It's off topic, but maybe that's just what the mare needs.

"Well, it took several tries," she says, beginning to reminisce about her days as a young foal. It feels like forever ago back with Astreas and her sister Briar. There isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't miss her sister and their family, but she is also happy to be here in Novus. " I definitely fell on my face a few times, but I didn't let that stop me. Eventually I just… got it. Something clicked and I was gliding." Specifically, there had been a time that Briar got it before her and she was jealous. Then once she got it, there was the biggest grin on her face and Briar gave her a hug. A winning moment for sure.

Maybe?

Corr tries to focus on this happy memory and what she felt when she finally succeeded. There is nostalgia, but there is still some of the excitement of the moment. Maybe her magic can work to transfer this memory into an emotion. Maybe it can help this woman feel even an ounce of what she felt back then. Maybe the happiness can wear off even a little bit.

All she can do is try and hope.

@Boudika <3

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
the sea i drown in - by Boudika - 12-03-2019, 01:45 PM
RE: the sea i drown in - by Corrdelia - 12-04-2019, 11:05 PM
RE: the sea i drown in - by Boudika - 12-26-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: the sea i drown in - by Corrdelia - 01-08-2020, 11:50 PM