Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
"the sharp knife of a short life
i've had just enough time"
Lights flickered with laughter.

Caelum's own joyous laugh left her own muzzle as she danced through the airs, wings angling and limbs stretching in a series of aerobatics that she hadn't partaken in since she last danced with others above her kingdom, when fairy horses dotted the sky and played together in games against those to which they could match their wits and playfulness with. In this case, Caelum had found that again. Her eyes shown brightly in play as she danced around with the many glowing lights that partook in smaller versions of the same dance, wings working in the same way, aerobatics matching hers on a miniaturized version of the fairy horse. "Okay, okay. Let's play a game!" Her voice rang out, the laugh carrying it easily through the air and instantly those buzzing, happy lights surrounded her. Caelum's eyes grinned as she took in the sight of all of those many, many tiny creatures. Her gaze danced with joy as she looked from one fairy to the next, "Let's play tag . . . and . . ." She paused for effect even as the lights began to flicker brighter, more quickly. She touched her nose to a singular light, grinning "and . . . you're it!"

She took off.

All around her the small lights copied her, disappearing off into different directions, all of them being chased by the one light now desperately trying to catch up and keep up. Caelum turned and spun and avoided the faster, smaller lights with the ease of someone who spent more time flying than walking - in truth it wasn't often Caelum landed on the ground, and right now she was up against mini versions of the fairy she was at her heart. The blue roan dove as the light collided with another and now there were two it as they zoomed around, tag teaming to corner other lights. Caelum didn't realize their plan until it was too late and a large gathering of flickering lights were suddenly surrounding her, all aiming to catch her from all sides. Instantly a grin touched her muzzle, her laugh ringing out, "Sneaky! But so am I!

Her wings tucked in, and she fell.

Her body snapped into position, angling down as her wings flared again, sending her in a spiral to a large bank of snow, intent to avoid the sudden many - many fairies who were all sparking and flickering with laughter as they followed after her. Her breath was coming in happy, but exhausted pants as she pushed herself to the limit before trying to straighten herself out of the dive only for the action to be cut off by some of the flickering fae lights that seemed to come out of nowhere. She looked for another way to pull out - and another - and another - and another still. And soon she had to accept defeat - the sneaky flickering fairies were not going to let her out of the dive. But she saw another out. Her eyes narrowed on the large bank of snow that looked like small hill. Grinning, her wings folded in and she hit the snow, sending it flying everywhere, even as tiny missiles of light followed her into the explosion of snowflakes that cascaded around her landing. 

Little, flickering bodies touched her own.

Caelum was still laughing as she popped up out of the snow bank, small bodies flickering brightly as she looked around at all the fairies, her grin wide and full of play, "Well played, you sneaky firefly wannabes!" She teased warmly as she pulled herself further out of the snow, allowing the fairies to hold onto her to be removed from the snow as well. Her hooves slipped and slid as she made her way down the side of the snow bank, another laugh being startled out of her muzzle as she was forced to slide the rest of the way down, barely avoiding landing in another pile of snow. Once on the ground however, she soon stood, before a brief mischievous smile touched her muzzle. Before her mini friends could catch on, the fae princess let loose with a full body shake.

Snow and lights went flying.

Her laugh rang out again as the lights quickly righted themselves, even as Caelum let loose a second shake that focused on removing the last bits of snow from her wings, the lights were already surrounding her again, a few pulling on singular strands of her hair, others circling quickly around her wings, trying to force her to lift them and use them to join them in the air again. Caelum grinned with a playful roll of her eyes, "Okay, okay, I'm coming! Pushy little things, you are! A lady never rushes!" She scolded playfully even as she took off at a quick trot and with a few flaps of her wings were once more in the sky, dancing around with the fairies that she was quickly growing fond of. Her wings fluttered about, shedding the fairy dust down to the snow below, much of the snow under the clearing now covered in fine layers of that iridescent glitter thanks to the play she and the little fairies had been taking part in since light first touched the sky. Now, shortly past midday, Caelum was beginning to feel her energy starting to dwindle. The fairies, whether tired out themselves, or noticing her own lessening energy were spending more time surrounding Caelum and simply flying with her rather than trying to tug her into another game.

She smiled warmly in thanks.

"Let's find a tree to rest in! Catch our breath and we can plan pranks for you all to play on the other horses! I've seen a few of you sneak off to shake snow onto unsuspecting couples romancing! Many brains are better than one!" As if eager to take part in such plans the fae were suddenly swirling around her, a few more pulling on her mane again to direct her to a large tree with branches thick enough for her to rest easily upon. She grinned, heading towards it and soon finding a junction of limbs. With a quick layering of some soft moss and winter grasses gathered by Caelum and her new fae friends, she soon had a little nest to rest in, limbs folded together, and her long mane and tail gently draping over the branches like icicles. Around her the glittering fae lights were landing on the limbs of the trees, between Caelum's ears, on her back and shoulders, like christmas lights that had decided to be decorated around her form. They twinkled eagerly to hear what ever they could earn from her, and Caelum laughed at their eagerness, "Now then? What games shall you play on unsuspecting horses?" She whispered conspiratorially.

The lights flutter closer, eager to hear.

"Speech"
Thoughts

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Trevelyan

Trevelyan
"Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight: Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocents? There you will find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon; and in the end, they'll retain what the others don't: their humanity."

Trey snorted as he stalked through the snow. He was not impressed with this cold, having lived most of his life in more tropical climates. Flicking his fluke, he began to pick his way through the white painted trees and felt a shudder run down his spine. Nothing in his life had been this miserable, even the sparring with his brother on a daily basis.

"Why in the seas would anyone want to be in this awful ice? This is ridiculous!" He grumbled as he walked, feeling his orange toned dun markings disappearing in the frigid fluff around him. Yep... Winter was miserable! Shaking his body to try to erase the shudder that ran through his body in response to the chill on the breeze and off of the snow.

"Even Polar North had come to realize that the cold wasnt worth it. But of course, the cold was painful on her tail and she avoided it to keep her body from aching as badly." He murmured to himself as he thought about his dear friend. He had not been able to find her since his failed attempt at going home. Failed miserably... Nothing about his shiver had been welcoming when he had arrived back and he had quickly found himself leaving the shiver for land once again. Land. The one place where he wasnt sure that he fit, but it was better than the shiver where he had been struggling to find a place to belong.

"Speech"
@Caelum
Notes: Crappy post, but here is Trey XD

Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
Laughter clouded the air.

It was a moment of peace and comfort for the fairy pony, just as she was eager to pull the sparkling sprites in for another game, another laugh, another chance of eager and playful games. It was a rare moment for the former princess, to be able to enjoy her life with out the past settling heavy on her shoulders and whispering dark words into her ears as if to destroy what little piece of mind she had left. To cycle her favorite and worst memories on repeat in an attempt to destable her reality, to break the last of her self-resolve. But moments like this quieted that darkness, it soothed the pain, and it let her remember what it had been like before the pain, before the loss, before her world had burned to ash and destroyed.

There was peace in winter.

A sound touched her ears and in response a good many of the fluttering fairy lights seemed to disappear. The fae pony herself quietly waited to see what would emerge from the foliage, but was not expecting what finally did. Horse? Fish? Something in between. Her head tilted to the side, flowing silver locks reflecting the natural light from the sun to the snow and off again, seeming to white wash her blue form nearly silver. She fluttered her wings, taking to the sky briefly before alighting to the snow, her light weight held with ease by the gentle vibrations of her delicate, fragile wings; "Not your favorite time of the season, is it?" Her giggle was playful and mischievous, like the fae in the story of legends, as if she'd start spouting riddles and playing games at a moments notice.

Her wings slowly ceased their flutter.

Her limbs briefly buckled at the cold touch of the snow, but she soon straightened up and stood regally once more, wings flat against her back, and slightly crossing, her mane and tail caught and billowing on a winter breeze, "Truth be told, I'm not fond of the chill either, but the games to be played - now that's another story. You look odd, by the way. What are you?" She asked curiously, before smiling to reach her brown eyes, "That sounds terrible, how about we pretend I asked, Who are you? My name is Caelum. Your tail looks neat, Are you a fast swimmer with it? You look a little like a fish - in case you didn't know!"

Again, laughter clouded the air.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Trevelyan
"Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight: Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocents? There you will find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon; and in the end, they'll retain what the others don't: their humanity."
"Not your favorite time of the season, is it?" Trey snorted at her question, turning to face the smaller mare and allowing his gaze to travel over her form. She was elegant, much smaller and lighter than he, and had striking wings that really caught his eye as they seemed to sparkle against the snow. "Not in the slightest. I grew up swimming in coastal waters, usually much, much warmer than this." He laughed, eyes traveling back out to the sea as if he could see his home under the surf. His former home...

"Truth be told, I'm not fond of the chill either, but the games to be played - now that's another story. You look odd, by the way. What are you? That sounds terrible, how about we pretend I asked, Who are you? My name is Caelum. Your tail looks neat, Are you a fast swimmer with it? You look a little like a fish - in case you didn't know!" Trey felt his attention snap back to the mare and smiled at her. "Less fish and more shark, if you please. I am Trey. Similar to one of my dear friends that I have been seeking since we separated and went different ways, I am not exactly horse... I am a Carcharhinus Equus Ferus, a Horse Shark in simple terms. My shiver is north a good chunk, lead by my brother. I found that I was not happy there and decided to explore the land more." He explained, realizing after saying it that his species name was either super intimidating to say, or sounded rather pathetic. A snort echoed through him and he shook his head slightly.

"What about you? What is your story?" Trey asked, trying to get their conversation really going.

"Speech"
@Caelum
Notes: <3

Night Court Medic

Caelum
Seasons change.

It's a natural way of life, it seems; once you leave the faerie realm. A fact Caelum had not been aware of until she left after Arson's untimely end. Sure, there where slight changes for the passing of time, when certain fruit and vegetables went into season, what flowers blossomed. But the apple trees were always ready to harvest, the sun was always shining, the grass was always green, the trees always full of vibrant leaves. The world was alive and set in a forever state just between spring and summer, a forever kind of beautiful piece. Experiencing the cycling of the seasons was something new.

And then there was change.

Too much seemed to always be changing, and while Caelum never feared the normal kind of change: making new friends, or seeing new places. It was the changes that rework your whole world that she'd grown to fear. The loss of a loved one, the destruction of your home. The changes that broke your heart and then shredded for good measure before feeding pieces to the surrounding wolves waiting to devour it. Caelum had grown to fear those kinds of change in such a way she had sworn off love, for fear of the past repeating a fourth time. She had a limit for how close she would let her friends get, for fear of them being destroyed by her need to do good. And doing good, it was available in limited amounts, thanks to the irrational fear that it would all come ending with out her being prepared for it. That she'd be forced to make the hard decision between 'doing something good for others' and 'saving those she loved.'

She'd lost her world for someone else already.

She didn't wish for a repeat. So, even now, smiling kindly to the stranger, and eagerly partaking in conversation, she played her hand close to her chest, and kept conversation light, easy and away from who she was, and who she once was. She tilted her head with a warm smile when he admitted to growing up in coastal waters, her eyes widening at this information, "Oh, so you're probably a good way from home, I imagine that you're probably used to something with much warmer temperatures, aren't you?" She asked curiously, "I've never been into the ocean myself," She added with a smile, "Or at least, not submerged beyond my upper legs" Her wings fluttered, drawing the attention to them as she explained why: "If these little appendages get wet, drying them is absolute abysmal; and takes forever. And not being able to fly while their wet is not a pleasant experience. I prefer flying to walking."

If only for a faster means of escape.

She grew up raised that a flying fae was a safe fae - with more options to escape. Even today, she might land to talk to someone, but any movement was done with in the air if she could. It was where she felt the most comfortable - and being able to avoid brush that might want to tangle at her tresses, or branches wanting to tear at her wings was better too. She drew her attention back to the odd creature however, as she introduced himself, and she found herself correct in his odd appearance. Shark, and a unique species at that. Carcharhinus Equus Ferus. The simple term variation was much less impressive however, and she smiled faintly, "Perhaps you should stick to the full, proper name. I'm afraid the simplified version is a little . . . to the face."

Her smiled assured no offence.

He did introduce himself, Trey. The name struck a cord, and Caelum's breath caught in her throat. For a moment another image superimposed over the shark creature before her, his grin charming and seductive, with a darkness that appealed to her never ending light. Thick curls of glossy black against a dark grulla body, as he flashed a fanged smile and winked one red eye in an unspoken promise of plenty of flirting and fun. And then he was a gone again, and she forced herself not to buckle at the knee, to not lose control of her emotions, of the effect his name had on her. Trey . . . . Her Tremaine, why did he have his name. She swallowed hard, schooling her features quickly, and she forced herself to remain calm, to remain polite. To harness her mother, to shove the memories of her beloved, the one soul she can't ignore the loss (beyond the early death of her son), "Well met, T=Trey." Her voice catches at his name, and she silent swears to never use it again, forget being proper with correctly addressing another. She can't do it.

She can't use that name.

Instead she focuses hard, all of her attention needing to be polite, almost stiffly so, harnessing the powers of the prim and proper princess that she had been raised to be, letting her mother's teachings distract her from the memories that would do more damage than good to her delicate mind at the moment. "It is a pleasure: to make your acquaintance. It's always delightful to come across a friendly face in one's travels." It was an almost overly polite greeting, but sometimes it's hard to ignore the way you're raised, and being a proper princess who would bring pride to her station, kingdom and people had been drilled into her from a very, very, very young age. Everything she did would reflect back onto the title and crown, and to always be on your best behavior. Even with the kingdom in ruined, and being the last surviving member of the crown . . . she couldn't ignore her mother's careful tutelage . . . and it helped keep her mother's spirit alive.

Like she was still here.

It was a safer reaction that trying to keep his memory alive. He was gone, and pretending otherwise would just hurt her heart more. His next words had her smile dropping instantly, shattering what little control she had regained, asking for her story. She froze for a moment, a swirl of emotion in her eyes before her entire expression blanked. It was like dropping a mask over a face, a perfected, stoic appearance emerging. The right hint of a smile to be seen as comfortable. The right tilt to the head, the right raising of the chin. The lines were in perfect form, the expression was serene, but strong . . . . . and empty. It was the mask you would wear when sitting on the thrown handling the worst of the most selfish pleas of the kingdom, or when partaking in trades, and treaty talks with others. When you had to hide your emotions and put forth your best hoof anyways.

It was a mask she used when needed now.

It was a mask to hide the pain of that question, "Oh, there's really no story. A need to find a new place to call . . . my own space. A bit of exploring, change of scenery - you know, the usual sort of thing when you want to experience a new type of life. Nothing to really tell, very boring." Her voice even carried a professional air, as if soothing a villager about a problem that simply could not be solved. But there was a story, of heartbreak and pain behind that face, a story she had no intention to sharing. A story that would rip her heart open if she had to speak about it again.

A warm at her chest.

It hummed against her skin, pulsating from the necklace, causing her gaze to casually drift down to the stone, and that breath caught in her throat again. It had been pulsating far more frequently after coming to Novus. Too many proding questions, too many wanting to know about her, to figure her out. Too many situations that upset her, set her ill at ease . . . But just as he had intended, the necklace was a warm reminder that she wasn't alone. Except now, now it's a warm reminder that I am alone! That you left me, that you're not here! Every warm touch of the necklace is a reminder that your hide isn't here to lean on. That I'll never feel your heat again. That what we had is gone, BECAUSE YOU ARE GONE! The stone grew warmer as if to battle her feelings, and her thoughts, and Caelum's eyes drifted shut beneath a safety barrier of her forelock, obscuring her features from the male, keeping her privacy as she controlled herself.

As she shoved these thoughts into their box.

As she shoved his memory back into its' box, buried deep in the center of her heart, and rebuilding the walls up around it. Buried deep, where the pain of his loss didn't need to be dealt with. Where she could focus on the situation on hand. Where she could focus on this Trey instead. Couldn't he have a different name, "So, you said you're searching for your friend? What is her name? Perhaps I've seen her in my travels? I've met an odd few souls in Novus thus far. It's remarkable the kind of beings you see, and meet," She forced her tone light, welcoming - pushing the conversation forward in an unmistakable change of subject.

Some topics were just untouchable.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Bring on the Dragons

"Oh, so you're probably a good way from home, I imagine that you're probably used to something with much warmer temperatures, aren't you? I've never been into the ocean myself, Or at least, not submerged beyond my upper legs If these little appendages get wet, drying them is absolute abysmal; and takes forever. And not being able to fly while their wet is not a pleasant experience. I prefer flying to walking." Trey laughed and nodded as she described the difficulties that came with her entering the water. "Not too far, honestly... My shiver is from about 50 miles south of the southern tip of Novus. A bit warmer, yes. Particularly when we got to our preferred depth. The water seemed to stay about the same temperature, regardless of the surface weather. I would imagine swimming to be similar to flying, though I have never done the latter." He paused to check for surprise wings. The bull was trying to make her laugh. "Getting deep in the water makes you feel weightless and free." He paused, taking a moment to stare at the snow around them.

"Perhaps you should stick to the full, proper name. I'm afraid the simplified version is a little . . . to the face." Trey snorted as he nodded. "Yeah... Definitely doesnt sound at all interesting, or even well spoken. Sounds like a pup trying to describe a monster under their coral." He shook his head, still chuckling softly at the mental image that had left him with. "I have also heard it shortened to just CEF as well... which does sound better than 'Horse Shark'..."

"Well met, T=Trey. It is a pleasure: to make your acquaintance. It's always delightful to come across a friendly face in one's travels." Trey paused as she struggled through his name and he tilted his head slightly. It seemed that there was a story behind the struggle, though he refused to make her describe whatever was making her uncomfortable. "If it is easier, you can call me by my full name. I am Trevelyan. It just tends to be a mouthful, so I automatically shorten it. I apologize for any discomfort that my name may have caused." He said softly, not blaming or trying to make her feel bad. As he finished his apology, he dipped his head like a prince speaking to a princess. "I may be a friendly face, but I do hope that you can come to consider me a true friend should you need anything." He spoke again, his face open and honest as he tried to put the smaller mare at ease.

"Oh, there's really no story. A need to find a new place to call . . . my own space. A bit of exploring, change of scenery - you know, the usual sort of thing when you want to experience a new type of life. Nothing to really tell, very boring." Trey had a feeling that the little mare was glossing over most of her life, though he wouldnt pressure her to speak. "I can understand that. I left after a battle with a great white... that I lost and nearly died from. After going back, my brother had taken command of the shiver and it was pointless for me to stay when my arrival was a challenge to his leadership. I would have never been a good leader." He shrugged, though a large part of him missed the shiver, the family that was always helping to look out for each other.

"So, you said you're searching for your friend? What is her name? Perhaps I've seen her in my travels? I've met an odd few souls in Novus thus far. It's remarkable the kind of beings you see, and meet," Trey nodded, pausing to glance at the cluster of scarring on his right hock. Pol had done well to heal most of the extensive damages, leaving him with just scarring and full use of his leg. "A little Vapor Treader filly. Her name is Polar North, though most call her Pol. She was rescued from death by some nomads and used the skills that they had taught her to heal me after the battle with the great white. She was seeking a home, a place to belong... as well as searching for her sister, when we went separate ways." Trey smiled as he thought of her, feeling like Pol was his little sister rather than a friend. They had spent long hours talking about everything and bonding.

"Speaking"
@Caelum
Notes: -snugs poor Cael tight-

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

Night Court Medic

Caelum
Home could be anywhere.

Caelum had found a variety of locations to call home, even if temporarily, in her life. She had learned at a young age that anywhere could be home when you had others nearby that you loved and found shelter. But she also knew that even when you're home and comfortable somewhere, your heart can yearn for the place that means something more to you. She had found home with many people, but there was always - still was - a part of her that yearned for the home that was Forystia. For the sun-kissed meadows of her people, the joyful laughter of the fae in the skies, dancing, and whinnying among the breeze. There was a part of her that ached for the Primulan of before. Before the worst example of equine had ransacked her home, slaughtered her people, burned the meadows, and left her city in ruins.

Novus was welcoming . . .

But it wasn't Forystia. Delumine was becoming a place to call home . . . but it would never be Primulan City. She was curious about what this odd male might consider home. She wasn't expecting him to hail from a location so close to Novus - 50 miles away. Warmer sounded lovely this time of year, as well. At his comment on having never flown before checking for wings, the Princess couldn't help but let a slight giggle slip. "Ah yes, I suppose you haven't ever flown yourself, have you?" She mused gently, "Yes, it sounds very similar. There's freedom in the skies as well when it's just you and the wind. Free and without care. Although, if to be forthright, I always tend to feel weightless. My kind are designed to be a fair bit lighter than most creatures, after all, my wings aren't built for strength, no?" She declared with a soft laugh.

The name of his species was exotic.

The translation, not so much. At his response, another giggle was pulled from the regal mare, her head tilting slightly as her forelock shifted across her facade, briefly exposing the delicate star upon her brow, "Describing a monster under their coral?" She quoted back, "I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with that metaphor, but I believe I understand the sentiment. CEF does sound a little better, but species names can always be a touch . . . different, no? Take my people, for example. We merely call ourselves Fae Horses or Fae Ponies. Though some use the full term of Fairy as well. I can not be certain if it's due to an inability to claim title to our species cohesively or if it's a personal preference to what each fae prefers."

Of course, not all names can be pleasant.

His hit her like a ton of breaks to her chest. A vision of black, with wild hair and laughing red eyes. Bat-like wings wrapping around her in a comforting embrace. Whispered sweet nothings and promises for a future that would never come. Trey, her Tremaine. And this stranger had his name. Of course, as this Trey spoke, it was only her upbringing that kept her facade stoic, but the relief soothed her like a balm, offering his full name. Trevelyan. Trevelyan, she could do with ease. Trevelyan wouldn't force a blade into her heart to utter. Her gaze delicately lowered, her head dipping softly in acknowledgment to his words, "I do apologize for my reaction, it is not on you to apologize for my inability to disassociate from memories. Regardless, it is truly a pleasure to meet you Trevelyan." The Princess stated with an earnest warmth, before tilting her head when he spoke again, offering friendship that the mare would be happy to accept.

In a new land, with her past - friends could help.

"I find that one can never have enough friends at their back, and would graciously welcome another. In return, of course, please do not hesitate should you need any help from me, either. I might not be able to chase off a bear for you, but I am very knowledgeable in the arts of healing." There was a brief pause, a hesitance before she added, "And I have a substantial understanding of politics and social cues fitting for any negotiation and meetings, as well. Although, I do not know if you'd ever require that skill set." She admitted with a soft laugh, her wings fluttering briefly against her spine before realigning delicate, the film gently sliding together and dispensing another small sprinkling of faery dust into the air around her.

Why she came to Novus was a whole different story.

She was careful to gently dismiss her reasons, keeping her answers reasonably vague, but still partially truthful. Not a lie, but not the exact reason either. The story of her people was too much to share. The guilt was too much to admit to beyond her self-inflicted punishment. She carried the weight of the outcome of her court on her shoulders, and until she could find a way to help Primulan City be reborn, she would carry the weight until her dying breath. Her citizens would not be forgotten; her court would not die, her legacy would live on - even if only within her own heart. A princess was still a princess, after all, even if her kingdom had been left in ruin. The stallion shared his own story, of a battle with a creature, called a great white, that he nearly died upon, and his arrival back to his home being seen as a challenge. A faint, familiar smile touched her muzzle. Had Regalis not once been seen as a threat to her future right to rule at his birth? Of course, her parents had been quick to remind their people that the court chose the crowned heir by age, not gender. Regalis had never been one to show an interest in the crown, either.

She thanked the heavens; he still felt the duty.

It had been his quick action that had saved so many of their court, running to the allies in the forest, before locking down that border to keep the remaining Primulan Court citizens safe. Her brother had done what he could to save those he could. She couldn't be prouder of his actions in the face of their kingdom's slaughter. He'd fought as long as he could, before saving those he could. He was a prince of her people, and he earned the nickname Regal with no doubt. He was a royal, through and through. "You should take pride in doing what is right for your people, particularly when it could upset the order of your pod. But never assume you might not be a good leader - many don't know their worth and abilities until a true test is given. One might be surprised by how quickly they can take charge during the devastation. A leader can be born from a situation just as much from teaching and behavioral patterns."

Her brother was proof of that.

Caelum was curious about whom the odd shark-creature was looking for, however, but at the term Vapor Treader, Caelum paused. The name rung like a bell, remembering the youth that had eagerly offered herself up for assistant training beneath Caelum before she'd reassured her it was a random order of rank. However, she didn't voice these thoughts just yet. Caelum knew what it could be like to have the wrong individuals looking for you, willing to say what they needed to get information. While Trevelyan didn't seem the type to destroy someone, caution should be handled in any situation, and Caelum wouldn't dare accidentally lead destruction to Polar. She'd done that once already, and her kingdom had suffered, "Well, I'm certain you'll find her with perseverance. Sometimes we find those we search for when we least expect it. I wish you luck in your travels." The child had had a rough start, by what little Caelum was aware of until she knew that Trevelyan truly was a friend to Pol, he would not learn her location from her.

She had to help those in need.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Bring on the Dragons

Trey laughed softly and shook his head. "Nope... no time in the air for me." The more he listened to her describe flying, the more he felt like she was describing swimming. "It is amusing how two seemingly different aspects of the world can actually parallel each other in many ways." He remarked, smiling at the smaller mare.

Trey listened to her explain her species and nodded. "At least Fae doesnt sound as dorky... Horse shark sounds like something a pup would say as they are imagining the craziest combinations in the seas. Under the coral... I think you would probably think of it more along the lines of..." He paused to try to wrap his head around the land terms that he was thinking of. "Monster under the... bed?" He said, his voice still thoughtful as he tried to place if that was correct.

"I do apologize for my reaction, it is not on you to apologize for my inability to disassociate from memories. Regardless, it is truly a pleasure to meet you Trevelyan." Trey dipped his head in acceptance of her words. "I can understand that. Sometimes those that we knew in our past can still hold on to certain fins in our brains and hearts. Maker knows that I have certain beings that are still swimming with me through life in one way or another." He smiled as he thought of a few of those beings, one being the plucky little filly that had saved his life not long before.

Trey somehow managed to refrain from laughing at the mental picture of the tiny fae before him attempting to chase away a hulking bear. "How about we leave the bears to me and you can take care of the politics and healing. I have never been very strong in either place. A young healer saved my fluke not very long ago after a scuffle with a Great White... Darn thing tried to take my leg off without even asking." He winked at the last phrase before turning self consciously to rub at the scars that were left from the battle.

Caelum's words about leaving his pod and leadership made him feel a jolt. Perhaps he wasnt as cowardly as he had been lead to believe. That didnt mean that he was in any way ready to take on the role of Shiver Alpha. That was a terrifying role and he found that he was not loathe to hand the coral to Pavus. The amethyst and ebony orca marked stallion was much more capable at this point and he was thrilled that he seemed to be thriving in the role. "Perhaps I could have grown into an Alpha to make the Shiver proud, but I believe that Pavus was the better selection for our Shiver... for our family. In terms of future leadership, we will have to wait and see." Trey smiled, a mix of fondness for his family and a growing fondness for the mare before him. She would make an Alpha to be reckoned with.

"Well, I'm certain you'll find her with perseverance. Sometimes we find those we search for when we least expect it. I wish you luck in your travels." Trey nodded, careful not to read into it. He wanted to find someone that knew Pol and where he could find her, but he wouldnt push someone that might not. "I appreciate the luck... Sometimes we all find that we need a turn of luck." He commented, smiling again.

"Speaking"
@Caelum
Notes: ---

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)