Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - winter song

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 25
Signos: 77
Vagabond Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 28 — Atk: 32 — Exp: 53  |    Active Magic: Energy Transference  |    Bonded: Fylax (Gryphon)

i searched the world to find you
Vaeri states her role among the court, though the way she says it makes it sound more like a passion or a hobby rather than something that she does for a living. She says, “I’m a dancer,” not that she dances, or that she is an entertainer. It makes Antiope wonder if there is something else that she does, to earn or keep a living.

The girl sways back and forth, stepping back a short distance to twirl among the snow. Antiope isn’t sure what she’s hoping will happen, but the Regent does not join her. She is not here to dance and cavort like a spring babe. The striped woman is here for answers to questions she refused to ask aloud. It is like the island can see inside her, and she wants to know why.

When Vaeri begins to speak of the shed-stars Antiope glances at her with sharp blue eyes. A shed-star who no longer lives with her people? That is quite unusual, and rather curious. The shed-stars don’t often come down from the mountain, though they have often visited during Denocte’s many festivals to give readings to visiting equines. Antiope can’t say that she has ever knowingly spoken to one before. Even a distanced one.

“A boat did,” she responds, rather wryly, knowing that is not exactly what the other woman had been asking. Vaeri is swaying again, and even for someone as restless as Antiope she cannot see how someone can possibly never stop moving like that. “It dropped me off at the docks, and here I was.”

She still remembers that day, there had been a festival then too. It had been the lanterns that had guided her to the city, like embers floating through the sky. So many things are different now, and yet some have stayed the same. And the longer Antiope stands here, the more she thinks she the island is truly not what it seems to be.

"Speaking."
| @Vaeri

[Image: 13716916_Rc8f5hGvZkB3cYP.png]
a war is calling
the tides are turned

Messages In This Thread
winter song - by Antiope - 12-12-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: winter song - by Vaeri - 12-26-2019, 12:48 AM
RE: winter song - by Antiope - 01-02-2020, 10:16 AM
RE: winter song - by Vaeri - 01-12-2020, 12:52 AM
RE: winter song - by Antiope - 01-18-2020, 03:36 PM
RE: winter song - by Vaeri - 01-27-2020, 01:02 AM