Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Abandon SHIP

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

He beams at me, the warmth on his face and joy in his eye as plain as Solis's day. I feel the tension that had been building in my muscles and nerves lessen, then fade. Of course I'd be welcome. And clearly I'd been a fool to think otherwise. But conditions for my residency? Some of the residual anxiety sweeps through me again. Hopefully not something like.. serve as a slave forever, or offer up my firstborn son? (Not that I've had any sons, they've both been daughters.)

To my relief (and once again my nerves settle and I relax), he only asks that I serve in a position. "Warden." I've never heard of this before, the word yes but the position no. But from his description it sounds much like when I was a Legatus in the Hidden Falls under Midas. An honorable position where I might defend my family, my home, my herd. There's glory in battle, victory... especially in fighting for a just cause. Usurper of glory. That's what my name means after all. Being the warden for Reichenbach, and for Denocte as a whole, sounds desirable for all of us.

I nod my assent as he reassures me that he will be there by my side. I don't need anyone to hold my hand of course; I'm a self-made man. But it's better if I'm not left in charge of the biggest decisions. Ironically, despite coming from a land of politicking I have little ability in it. "Aye, Comrade. I will serve." I move with my muzzle to shove at his next in jest. "They'll never stop us!" And now my jovial expression matches his, and my leonine tail twitches with all the excitement and a draft horse can passively express.

WC: 295
Tag: @Reichenbach

Rosti thoughts | Rosti speech | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
Abandon SHIP - by Rostislav - 07-12-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Abandon SHIP - by Reichenbach - 07-16-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: Abandon SHIP - by Rostislav - 07-18-2017, 06:00 PM
RE: Abandon SHIP - by Reichenbach - 07-31-2017, 11:06 PM
RE: Abandon SHIP - by Rostislav - 08-01-2017, 07:08 AM