Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - !! wherever i go

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline HeartfullOfJess [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 6
Signos: 305
Dawn Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  14.1 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: Healing  |    Bonded: N/A

kindred

Drift gently...
It was almost abruptly that Kindred was met with the sound of something other than the low whistle of the breeze across the branches and snow drifts. Her eyes broke their search, head snapping in the direction of the voice that was so much softer than the broken speech of Wren. Her body lurching ever so slightly as her hooves dig into the earth below the snow. Distant baby blue orbs, though directed toward the dun, not quite seeming to focus on the frame but rather off in the distance where the fairy orb had turned to – floating just behind the other mare’s poll. The usual receptiveness of Kindred was dulled, probably much like her senses were from the cold she hadn’t cared to take shelter from.

Kindred can’t seem to bring words from her mouth, head tilting awkwardly to the side and blinking as the new mare continues to speak. The words seem to hit Kindred’s ears late, registering somewhere in the foggy confines of her mind. How long... Finally, she can feel her vocal chords shake, a torn voice emitting from her throat as she grasped her way back into the current moment. ”H-hello?” she starts with, eyes blinking as she slowly pulls herself back. ”Long. Though... I don’t quite know how long? Long enough to feel a chill I suppose...” It’s a tumble of words – a mix from a panic stricken mind clogged from not only the desperation but the cold which dug deep into the recesses of her brain. The shifting of her weight dislodging a few of the piles of snow from their perches upon her bodice.  

Still, her eyes don’t ever seem to really focus on the dun before her. It’s as if she can’t quite accept that she’s even receiving the attention – that it must be a figment of her imagination from the orb before her. Yet, as the cold seems to truly hit her, her muscles trembling in shock she hears the mare offer a location with warmth. Go. Warm up... She can almost hear Wren pleading with her, so she swallows, it getting caught in her throat as she peers upward. ”Yes... that might be... a keen idea...” Finally, Kindred’s gaze un-focuses from the fairy dancing just behind the mare and instead chooses to take in the creature before her. She registers the way the puff of air from the mare’s nostrils pool around her maw and float into the air, how the cold has begun to cling to her eyelashes, and the snow has clung to her pelt. It was similar to herself, but far less drastic. Lord. The reality of how close she was getting to frostbite was slowly settling in. The name falls effortlessly off of smile and Kindred tries to lock it into her memory. Best she do it now, before she accidentally calls her Wren in her deranged state regardless of the fact that the mare looked nothing like her winged sister. ”Kindred... I’m Kindred...” Her voice is a whisper now as she fights the desire to collapse and shiver, to let the cold take her so she didn’t have to deal with the panic and pain of not knowing where he twin was anymore.

@Maerys
... Into Oblivion
[PaulineMoss's Stock Image] and @heartfullofjess 's coding

Messages In This Thread
!! wherever i go - by Kindred - 12-18-2019, 03:21 PM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Maerys - 12-23-2019, 04:15 AM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Kindred - 12-23-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Maerys - 12-24-2019, 01:24 AM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Kindred - 12-25-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Maerys - 12-31-2019, 05:36 AM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Kindred - 01-11-2020, 12:27 AM