Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - !! wherever i go

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline kealie [PM] Posts: 74 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [she/her/hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Emotion Transference  |    Bonded: Vradara (Small Dragon)

she was powerful not because she wasn't scared,
but because she went on strongly despite her fear.
Kindred didn't know how long she'd been out here which was a concerning revelation, but Maerys did not fully grasp the situation, how could she? The woman knew of the ache that came when there was someone so desperately missed. It was the feeling of every atom in your body your soul craving so needily to talk and laugh with the one most prominently absent. Oh yes, Maerys knew the feeling well, but she did not know Kindred at all and didn't understand the wound she felt was just as grave as the one Maerys had felt only two years ago and continued to remember now.

As Maerys offered the warmth of a cave, she could see those confused eyes searching for what to say before her lips accept the offer. And then a name, a beautiful name - Kindred. The name is delicate and light as the wind carries it to Maerys' ears.

"Kindred," the girl quoted, her eyelashes fluttering, propelling the powder that had begun to weigh too heavily off of them. "Follow me this way," she said with the lively flick of her skull to the course she'd just come from, her nimble legs thoughtfully commencing their exuberant jig once more, alert to take paths that would leave enough space for Kindred to follow.

Maerys - with an abundance of affection for spring and summer - could not help but admire this wintertime as they made their way to the aforementioned cavern. The trees embedded their rootstocks deep into the frozen soil and rested unconcernedly, their barren boughs quivering in the flurry that so diligently stirred their wintry dreams. The ice would form and melt, zephyrs of frost approaching like clockwork, then each spring it would bloom and send frissons of joy through the area. By summertime, most wished it were winter once more (and there was a variety of divine majesty in that mere fact alone).

"It shouldst be just 'round this -" she turned distinctly mid-sentence to the right, around an expressly thick-trunked tree. "Here," she beamed with youthful excitement, peering backward at Kindred in anticipation of her opinion.

If winter was beautiful, the cave was something worlds could not describe.

The terrain morphed with nuance, emanating from the earth with an even regularity. The trees did not mind the switch in footing, and their roots had expanded into that ground as if it were no different, but such was not the case. The hill had a gaping jaw that sloped downwards generously into its core. Diminutive gravel littered the floor - fallen stalactites - but at the moment its most remarkable characteristic would be the temperature it so readily bequeathed upon those who crossed its threshold.

"Come, Kindred! 'twill surely be of a more sensible warmth within," she nodded at the stranger for reassurance before descending into the formation. The air that escaped her lungs now was not so visible as it once was and though the snow howled just beyond the entrance, it was almost... warm.
M A E R Y S
code created by kaons and modified by me

[Image: maerys-pixel.png]

x

force and magic always permitted

Messages In This Thread
!! wherever i go - by Kindred - 12-18-2019, 03:21 PM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Maerys - 12-23-2019, 04:15 AM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Kindred - 12-23-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Maerys - 12-24-2019, 01:24 AM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Kindred - 12-25-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Maerys - 12-31-2019, 05:36 AM