Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - !! wherever i go

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline kealie [PM] Posts: 74 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [she/her/hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Emotion Transference  |    Bonded: Vradara (Small Dragon)

she was powerful not because she wasn't scared,
but because she went on strongly despite her fear.
It was draining to be in love with a memory; an echo from another time, there but not in reality. Maerys had lost herself once in an echo, in the green canopy of trees among the ever-changing leaves. She had mourned for so many hours beneath the savage sky as the stars twinkled their stories of ancient times down to her and the clouds sent pretty pictures to match.

And though the flowers had grown towards her immense warmth, the radiance from her soul drawing them in, all she could do was weep.

This pain that had long ago laced itself into every moment every breath had faded for Maerys, but the scars had not. Even now, many moons after the most painful chapter of her life had concluded, she still sometimes felt those memories come to her in her sleep once more. It was the feeling of being reunited with those that were dearly departed only to lose them all over once the dream ended. It was so so so warm, and then bitterly cold, the harsh stab of reality. It was these dreams that served as a reminder of the suffering she had felt and made her all the more resolved to never be wounded again.

And so the wolf that she had formed into since never let the world see the lamb in her soul - in her heart..

But sometimes there was a flicker of it in her eyes.

Sometimes her voice cracked.

Sometimes she couldn't hide her pain.

It was similar to Kindred and more and less all at once.

"Ah, yes, unquestionably," she nodded mildly in response to Kindred's assessment of the cave. The cold had bitten at her skin and whipped itself through her tresses, so it was lovely to sit in the cave and feel her nerves tingle in excitement from the heat, synapses drunk on the feeling.

But Kindred was stuck on the snow, and Maerys did not understand why (and it wasn't for lack of trying).

Kindred thanked Maerys, but the silver-haired child hadn't truly done anything that warranted it. Kindred needed more - a friend, a comrade, a shoulder to cry on, but Maerys didn't know how to be that for her right now. Yet still, she smiled in acceptance of the words.

And then, curiosity stole the conversation from them.

"What art thou doing out here?" She'd been on a pretty direct path and hadn't truly even seen Maerys until she was standing directly in front of her. It seemed her eyes were always focused on something in the distance, but what? There was some sort of mission going on that Maerys was fully unaware of. "The freezing can be a daunting force to competeth with. I am not quite sure what I am even doing here."

If one shatters apart in solitude in the wintry cold, does it make a noise?

If it does, is it as powerful and loud as the terminal swing to a decayed heart when it is irrevocably wasted forever?

Or was it the delicate strangulation that bit into flesh in words like I'm fine?

As she paused for any sort of answer, she ultimately was able to truly see Kindred.  She was stunning in her sort of way, thick and short with ornaments of black and white lain onto her body like ink blotches. Her legs lessened into silky tresses, her neck was adorned by neat braiding. There was continuous muscling and delicacy thrown onto that frame as if she needed to be both robust and dainty simultaneously - a ballerina.

She was laborious to interpret and revealed little to ease Maerys unquenchable curiosity, except for her eyes.

They were blue.
M A E R Y S

@
code created by kaons and modified by me

[Image: maerys-pixel.png]

x

force and magic always permitted

Messages In This Thread
!! wherever i go - by Kindred - 12-18-2019, 03:21 PM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Maerys - 12-23-2019, 04:15 AM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Kindred - 12-23-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: !! wherever i go - by Maerys - 12-24-2019, 01:24 AM