Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- what have we here?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Oriax

ORIAX
MAN BEHIND THE MONSTER

He looks like a nightmare, out of place in this winter wonderland.

Oriax is more suited for the deathly glow of autumn leaves and the crackling blood moon, more demonic looking than winter joy. His black coat and golden scales stick out like a sore thumb where his wings sweep heavily, where his hooves dig down and how he scatters the faeries that swoop in curiously. Though he looks like death on wings, there is nothing truly death driven about him, save the burning flame of black and blue deep in his heart, set on the eventual destruction of his father. A faceless figure with a name attached to it, one that he had followed to Novus.

Though at this point, Oriax is exploring the lands more than searching actively for the one known as Leviathan.

His ears swivel, and his heavily horned head swings, the golden bones like a crown, complete with red streaking like blood along the surface. Golden eyes shift, and he finds himself surrounded by glimmering movement, and he tucks his wings in, a frown on his lips as his ears instead fall back, his head drawing up and back, a snort falling from expanding nostrils as one of the faeries flies too close.

It's nothing but a shimmering ball of light that seems to shift from that form to something almost with shape, then just light again, and it laughs. "Hey now, I only landed here. I'm not looking to do anything with any of you." His tail swings behind him heavily, sweeping up snow and creating a whistling sound as it does. His sharp teeth even somewhat bare as he watches them, a growl deep in his chest, threatening to come up.

@ any || oh boy fun times !

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Euphrosyne

T
he island calls to her. at first, she does not answer.

she is scared of the land bridge stretching amongst the waves. the sea hungrily laps at its edges, the promise of danger woven into the crescendo of it’s song. but soon it’s a thrumming in her ear, a staccato heartbeat chanting in her veins.

she can only ignore it for so long, before it becomes a war drum beating against her skull.

it lessens only as she walks

and walks

and walks

until there is only the stillness of the glen and the soft fluttering of tiny wings. the air glimmers with some unknown magic. she feels strangely at peace with the snow falling around her. the lights dance in and out of her mane and tail, untangled and kept free from any ties.

that is, until she hears him. the words echo through the trees; loud, rough, gravelly. hey now, i only landed here. i'm not looking to do anything with any of you. her curiosity is, of course, piqued enough to investigate. what she finds is a man who fits the voice: he is tall, a crown of bloodied horns rising from his temple, a large pair of leather wings tucked into his sides. gray as a stormcloud with a mood to match. she wants to laugh at the irritation in his voice. the sour expression on his face. he looks like he wouldn’t appreciate it very much.

instead she tries to sound as sweet as honey when she asks him: “what did they ever do to you?”

@oriax

euphrosyne

if i love you was a promise
would you break it, if you're honest