Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - hollow bones

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

— sic itur ad astra —

"I'm sorry."

She knows the words are supposed to be genuine and comforting, but it's like they scrape against the already open wound. Corr is frozen, yet her insides are screaming at her in all different ways. Her head feels heavy, yet it's spinning too.

Then Ipomoea is at her side and she presses into him. Even though they've just met, he feels like a friend she's had for years and his presence is comforting. Her crying has stopped for now, but she knows she can't hold it back for very long.

He tells her not to look, but it's hard not to. She wants to piece the bird together and breathe life back into her. She wants to hear the grumbling voice that only she could hear in her mind every time they did practically anything. There was so much eye-rolling, but still, the two were inseparable… until now. For now, she follows his advice and looks away. Instead she looks at the bare trees and the way her breath turns to vapor in the chilled air.

When he vows to find who did this for her, she realizes who she's really been speaking to this entire time. What a terrible circumstance to meet, indeed.

"Thank you, Ipomoea," she says softly, still pressing into him. She selfishly feeds off his aura because it's the only thing keeping her together right now. "You're the Dawn Court Sovereign, aren't you? Not exactly how I would've wished to meet you, but I'm glad that we have now." Her eyes look down again. She can't really make herself stop looking because she keeps hoping for some miracle where she'll blink enough and the illusion will be gone.

"Would it-" she starts to say, but it feels like her throat is tightening up. "Would it be alright if I stayed here a while? In your Court? Until we can find who did this. I'll help you look… I want to get justice for her." There is some determination in her voice, even if the rest of her doesn't feel it.

But then a wave of exhaustion hits her and she sighs. Maybe this had been what The Tower was foreshadowing all that time ago. Not the island, not Raum- this. It felt so much worse than a lightning strike to a tree. The tree may as well be her heart shattering in two.

"I think for now though… I need to be alone for a bit," she manages to say. As much as she doesn't want to pull away from such a kind man, she needs to clear her thoughts and wrap her head around this. She needs to figure out what she's doing next. Plus, if he does let her move in to Dawn Court, she'll need to figure out how to pack all her things and bring them here.

It'll be a process, but she must pull through. For Hāsta.

"Speaking."
credits

@Ipomoea I figure we can close this up in our next posts if that works? <3 I love them

Messages In This Thread
hollow bones - by Corrdelia - 01-02-2020, 12:48 AM
RE: hollow bones - by Ipomoea - 01-24-2020, 03:28 PM
RE: hollow bones - by Corrdelia - 02-11-2020, 11:02 PM
RE: hollow bones - by Ipomoea - 02-17-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: hollow bones - by Corrdelia - 02-27-2020, 11:49 PM
RE: hollow bones - by Ipomoea - 03-21-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: hollow bones - by Corrdelia - 03-24-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: hollow bones - by Ipomoea - 04-27-2020, 12:26 PM
RE: hollow bones - by Corrdelia - 05-08-2020, 12:49 AM
RE: hollow bones - by Ipomoea - 06-04-2020, 04:14 PM
RE: hollow bones - by Corrdelia - 06-19-2020, 09:23 PM