Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - lady i swear by all flowers

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Mesnyi
Woe's me, I shall be lonely
When I can feel no longer

L

She liked the way he smiled; it seemed that, somehow, she’d manage to peel a real one from his skin. Mesnyi liked the softness of a wonder-smile, or a joy-smile, or simply a pleasure-smile. Simple, truthful. And yet she was absolutely certain that no one could tell her real one from a false one, and that she could tell most anyone’s false one from a real one. She had done well to stay away from Novus’s shadier citizens, she thought. She thought.

”That’s for certain. I can’t say I found much to eat out here myself.”

She dipped her head, just slightly. ”Lovely to meet you, Daniel.” It sounded like an odd name for a man the color of winter.

Ah, the violin. She wasn’t sure where else she expected the conversation to go. Would it have felt good to have her skin peeled back, like his grin, and her heart wrested from her ribcage and held in tender hands? The desire to be asked some absurd and specific question about herself sat in her chest. Mesnyi took the violin from the case. 

In the dawn light it shone (sparkling would be saved for the height of the day), clear and smooth as ice. ”The violin,” she answered, ”though sometimes it plays itself.” Her eyes slide from the instrument to Daniel. ”Would you like to hear it?”

She had hardly picked up the bow when it drifted from her telekinetic grasp and sat itself upon the strings, drawing out a long and lonesome note. Mesnyi felt the pale horsehair brushing against her shuttered heart. She took a moment to collect herself before speaking. ”You can ask it to play something happy, if you like. Or something else. Whatever you want. But it can go away, too.” She grinned at her joke. False.

Auspex | "speaks" | notes: ☽☼☾
rallidae

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies

Messages In This Thread
lady i swear by all flowers - by Mesnyi - 01-28-2020, 12:12 AM
RE: lady i swear by all flowers - by Sarkan - 01-30-2020, 12:44 PM
RE: lady i swear by all flowers - by Mesnyi - 02-05-2020, 12:41 AM
RE: lady i swear by all flowers - by Sarkan - 02-11-2020, 09:37 AM
RE: lady i swear by all flowers - by Mesnyi - 03-03-2020, 10:53 PM
RE: lady i swear by all flowers - by Sarkan - 03-16-2020, 12:36 PM
RE: lady i swear by all flowers - by Mesnyi - 03-20-2020, 08:22 PM