Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Cry Baby, You'll just let them drown

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Sunako

Sunako

you told yourself that it's not you, it's them
you're one of a kind and no one understands

The air seemed alive, as if the world had breathed life into the very brush of the world. I can't help but to be giddy at the topsy turvy atmosphere, of the blood-tinged bone trees, of the bruising grass. So macabre in it's beauty! It as like walking into my scariest nightmare and being surrounded by that beloved horror! Oh, I cannot wait to see what else this terrain might hide! What wonderously half world we are living in. Where life is death, and up is donw, and mountains float in the sky, and the trees bloom with blood red, oh I just cannot wait!

Of course, the voice that calls out from a distance has my steps freezing, my smile faltering. In an instant, my tangled locks obscure my face, piercing blue eyes struggling to peer through the mass of matted ebony. My ears shift back in uncertainty, as wings shift against my spine, feathers shuffling and shedding in the state of disarray. The voice spoke friendly enough, and I turn towards the greeter, a hesitant dip of my head in greeting as I take a long look at the mare. Instantly I freeze before visibly pulling away, trying to resist the urge to hiss. What, what, what, what, what, what is this?!

Why in such a dangerous and insane location was there a creature of light?! She was radiance in hues of mix matches - exotic and elegant and poised in grace. And no, just no. So much, no! Go away, go far away! I didn't want light; I didn't want radiance! Why must one of the angels come now! I had avoided them for so long; I had kept them away for so long, trying to find my shelter, my privacy, my space! It had worked too! But the day I leave my beloved cave?! I RUN INTO A CREATURE OF LIGHT?! She speaks, and I turn my face from her, attempting to twitch my tail, only for the clump to tangle around one of my hind legs. I wince faintly at both having to have a conversation now with this radiant being, as well as the pain of hair pulled.

"You would know about beauty, wouldn't you?" I keep my voice calm, none of the bitterness that had filled my heart as a foal when in the face of one who wasn't cursed to be ugly. "This island, this macabre design of delight is hardly what one would call beautiful, at least most wouldn't. Blood-letting trees, half-figured animals. It tends to be a touch . . . . creepy." My voice seems to take on an almost sing-song quality, and I feel the need to celebrate over the fact I'm keeping my calm when all I want to do was run to the nearest shade away from this creature of brilliance. "But, most radiant creatures don't look past the creepiness. I'd hardly expect you to understand. Those who are beautiful are too busy surrounding themselves with more beautiful things, that is." And clearly, this mare was a stunner . . . . just as I was not.

"Speech"
Thoughts

Tagged :: @Baphomet
Notes :: Figuring out how she handles an individual she considers beautiful is odd. Thank goodness Baph isn't a vibrant beauty and is more gracefully subdued <3

Messages In This Thread
Cry Baby, You'll just let them drown - by Sunako - 02-11-2020, 09:24 PM
RE: Cry Baby, You'll just let them drown - by Baphomet - 02-13-2020, 02:39 PM
RE: Cry Baby, You'll just let them drown - by Sunako - 02-26-2020, 02:36 AM
RE: Cry Baby, You'll just let them drown - by Baphomet - 02-26-2020, 01:01 PM