Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Lets Strike A Fire And Let It Burn (Callynite)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite

"Just give me the world and I will give it back to you
Just tell me it hurts and I will fix it for you"
Cally's words were a half-aware stream of sleepiness and a lack of check on what she was saying, what she was feeling. Had she been more aware, it was likely that she wouldn't have said anything - she'd have kept all of these crazy thoughts silenced. Instead, they were circulating in the air between them, polluting the breath they breathed with the catching virus of 'feelings'. Coy didn't seem to mind, his muzzle touching her and her smile slightly soft in return. The air had shifted between them suddenly again, and Cally didn't find a need to change it back to normal. Instead, her ears flicked at his words, a soft laugh and a gentle shake of her head, "Perhaps it's a caution." Her gaze shifted down, almost shyly about it, innocently even. She wasn't the ideal female by most standards, anyway. Still, she twisted slightly, resting more heavily against his side, and turning her head up towards him to tug on his mane, only for the lock to fall from her muzzle in shock as her shifting position had her close enough to hear his next words. She blinked in shock, before turning her muzzle away and choosing to feign ignorance to what she probably wasn't suppose to hear, her mind going on hyperdrive over what it might mean.

Hoping it was a promise, did he realize what he would be asking for in those uttered words? She wasn't your typical mare, after all. She didn't fawn over her appearance or behave in a cutesy manner. She didn't want him assuming she was something she wasn't, to ruin whatever they had by him finding out she wasn't an ideal little trophy doe. She'd heard long enough from the bucks back home how she was too plain, too wild, too adventurous. The idea of hearing that from him . . . would shake her also the core. No, it was better to pretend she hadn't heard that from her, it was safer that way for sure. No chance of being told she was too much, that she was just . . . one of the guys. If only she could keep her mouth shut. His response to her admission of preferring him nearby had heat rising to her features once more as she felt the need to control the stuttering of her heart. Was she the light to his life? Did he realize what he was saying? His ruffling of her mane was a good excuse to drop her head, her muzzle out of his reach even as she pressed her cheek against the side of his shoulder, "You're going to spoil me with such sweet words," She mused, nibbling at the fur of his shoulder gently.

Winter had been harsh though, their time apart, and at his admission of hating it, of being afraid as well, she had her muzzle raising to look up at him before her neck draped over his back, pressing her muzzle against his far shoulder in a comforting embrace, "Hey now, silly. There's nothing that could have driven me away. I like your obnoxiousness." She mused, a sleepy-playfulness before freezing at his follow up, her touch removing with a swiftness that game from a shock, feeling her heart suddenly jackrabbit in her chest, and her muzzle dropping open in surprise, trying to figure out what he had been saying—giving his heart to another. Just that thought had a sudden sour taste in her muzzle, but she was trying hard not to read into it. To not read between the lines for a translation he hadn't intended. She was the boring, plain Cally. One of the guys. She wasn't a beautiful, vibrant example of her species. She didn't walk with grace or wear bells to chime with each step. She didn't pimp her look with exotic hairstyles or accessories. She was just . . . Cally. And he was Coy - vibrant and obnoxious, but wild and delightful. He . . . he deserved a mare that could match him step by step and look RIGHT at his side . . . not . . . a weird hybrid doe who was as dull as dirt in appearance.

And yet . . . didn't he find her beautiful, a goddess he had said once? Her gaze remained lowered, "I . . . I am sure when you find the right mare to give your heart too . . . she'll know how lucky she is to have your attention. A mare worthy of being at your side," someone more than just some weird doe. A tiny voice in the back of her head wouldn't quit, though, Are you not part mare yourself now? Is it not just your unwillingness to release your past that has you claiming deer citizenship. Could you not be that mare, worthy. He himself had added the doe comment . . . Is that not a sign to him, that a mare isn't right, he's looking for a doe - like her? Even at those positive thoughts, however, it did not stop her thoughts from spiraling back to that pit of not being worthy, of him growing disappointed, or bored . . . or worse, his words not meaning what she kept hoping they would. She was just a friend. She was just a friend.

His next words proved to be a distraction from her thoughts that she could latch onto, giggling softly, "You put a lot of faith in me taking care of you. I'm not a nurse-doe, you know. I'm certainly no medic, of any sort." She mused, "I could make it all so, so much worse!" She teased with a perfected halo look, the cheeky smile lessening the effect. Still, he offered her conversations for distraction, those of which to eagerly grasp upon, and she jumped at the chance to tell him about her people, her eyes lighting up, "Oh goodness, some of those bucks were crazy! I think a lot of it depended on their class. I saw a rogue once carve a heart with his and a doe's initials out of the tree. Unfortunately, she was a druid like me, and she hung him from a tree until he apologized, and the forest accepted the apology. I think the forest enjoyed it a touch too much; I'm fairly certain I heard the trees laughing while he hung. A barbarian once held a championship to win a doe over, willing to take on anyone who came at him to prove he could take care of her. Poor guy lost three fights from being distracted by showing off." Her laughter vibrated through her chest, and around them, the flowers seemed to turn towards her and the sound. Cally's expression softened slightly, "Papa once told me, he convinced my mother to go out for a walk with him by delivering her a dozen roses every day, every morning, apologizing that he could never find a rose pretty enough to compare her too. Mother was vain, so she ate it up" She added with a shake of her head, "Of course, if the buck did when the doe over, there was a special type of berries that grow in a certain part of the forest. It's a bit of a hassle to get to, I understand, and you only ever eat them once in your life. Part of a ceremony to bond the two together as mates." She laughed softly, "It probably sounds silly, but it was meant to symbolize the start of a new life together, sharing and providing for each other. The buck would fetch the berries for the doe, and the doe for her buck."

His promise had her glancing up at him in surprise, before siling faintly, "I'll hold you to that promise, you know. I warn you now. I'll have you going stir crazy in a day with my demands." She teased gently, even as she pressed her muzzle against his neck, unable to stop herself from relaxing slightly as she breathed in his scent, "You can stay as close as you like . . . I . . . I don't mind. Though . . . perhaps not too close while we're dealing with the issues in the forest." She pulled back, muzzle twisting in concern, "I'd hate for you to be accused of anything just because you're keeping an eye out for me." She pauses briefly, her eyes unfocusing, "Oh, let me check in with the forest, make . . . . sure everything . . . is still . . . . okay . . . . ." Her voice trailed out, a little more broken as she dived into the energies to get a general feel, pausing briefly at the flaring energy at her side, silently memorizing it for future knowledge.

As if stirred up by her dive, the energy clinging tight to her pelt lifted and shimmered a few extra inches off of her hide, stretching up as if to hug around her neck in a possessive claim, crackling with sparking, glittering hues at the stallion who was hovering as well. Cally shook her head gently before smiling faintly and drawing herself back out of the energies, relaxing against him again, "Sorry . . . I don't want to miss something by being distracted by some pretty boy who showed up in my territory," She teased, far more energized after being tugged into the ley lines, her eyes practically sparkling and causing the energy to flare up brighter around her, shimmering and sparkling. Cally gently shook her head, smiling slightly, "It feels like a lot of us are on high alert . . . the forest is so ill, and with whoever is hunting on the soil . . . . It's been a rough time, and with my ability to commune, I'm being called for patrols frequently enough to keep in touch with the forest." Especially since Po seemed to be having issues doing the same. It was likely part of the reason she hadn't be around to see him recently - why she'd snapped earlier when he'd woken her. She was doing so much to try to protect Viride, her new Forest home . . . . she hadn't realized what she was pushing herself into until now when she had the stallion close by again, and she was in no hurry to let him go, content to stay cuddled with him for a while longer. Just a bit longer. Before he found someone truly worthy of him.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl

Artwork ©LupinHallow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets Strike A Fire And Let It Burn (Callynite) - by Callynite - 02-25-2020, 02:32 AM