Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - vile hearts

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 113 — Threads: 14
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Anouk ripples across Anandi’s belly, excitement palpable. A watery alarm-- something’s coming, Anandi. Something’s rising. It’s her, it’s--

Lucinda.

Familiar but not the same. But how could anyone be the same after that?

Anandi takes a step back. (She instantly regrets it. It feels like a betrayal to her people, her home. Since when was land a comfort?) She peers curiously at the black mare. At the thing she created. She, like a god.

She smiles.

Her creation speaks and she finds herself completely unperturbed. “My, I didn’t know I was in the presence of such a talented detective.” She coos; voice sickly sweet, dripping venom. “You can call me whatever you like, honey.” Her smile is wide and arrogant. That dazzling confidence has got her so far, she can’t exactly drop the act now. Come at me love. This ain't my first rodeo.

Then talk turns to killing and the mood shifts. Anandi snarls, peeling back her lips for a not-so-subtle glimpse of sharp teeth that would no doubt be familiar. “I didn’t come here to kill you.” She wanted to apologize. That’s all she’s wanted ever since the changing. But something about the other mare was so aggravating that instinct suggested (demanded, even) that she start another fight.

The grey takes a deep breath in. With great effort she loosens her stance, tosses her mane casually. A single hoof absent-mindedly toys in the sand, drawing small circles. “I just wanted…” A cavernous pause, as she chews through all the vile things she wants to say to find the indeterminate truth at the heart of it all. “To know how you’ve been… To know if,” she tilts her head, knowing it’s a weakness she’s showing, this softness, and fearing Lucinda will take this opportunity to spit in her face. Or, with those newly sharpened teeth, something worse. “you’ve been alright.

Anandi grits her teeth. Pride forces her to look away and some other aggravation keeps her from apologizing. Probably the cocky expression on the other woman’s (admittedly beautiful, that was the worst part) face.

Show me your teeth

art

@Lucinda

some say the loving and the devouring are all the same thing

Messages In This Thread
vile hearts - by Anandi - 03-20-2020, 08:10 PM
RE: vile hearts - by Lucinda - 03-22-2020, 11:43 PM
RE: vile hearts - by Anandi - 03-28-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: vile hearts - by Lucinda - 04-02-2020, 10:00 PM
RE: vile hearts - by Anandi - 04-04-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: vile hearts - by Lucinda - 04-12-2020, 12:31 AM
RE: vile hearts - by Anandi - 05-01-2020, 08:09 PM