Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i'm going back to the start

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 45 — Threads: 5
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm only honest when it rains.
If I time it right, the thunder breaks
When I open my mouth.
I want to tell you but I don't know how.

Believe it or not, it had been Ard’s idea. Maybe that was why he went along with it, because his brother so rarely had mischievous, fun ideas like this. Really there was no way Erd could deny him, not when that rogue spark so rarely glittered in his brother’s turquoise eyes.

They had been training, you see. Or, at least, what might conclude as training considering they were really just throwing themselves off of the edge of the cliffs, diving down, down, down until they almost collided with the churning, crashing waves of the ocean. Yet just before they could careen into the jagged rocks waiting down below, they would unfurl their wings and coast along the water’s edge, piloted by the twisting, turning gales that came off of the ocean itself. It strengthened their wings, and really, the twins wanted nothing more than to be useful and be the fastest messengers of the Halcyon.

… Not that the Halcyon was doing much lately, but that was beside the point. They wanted to be prepared, and what better way to prepare than come inches from death to make their wings stronger?

… Okay, maybe it wasn’t the best technique for training to be fast and nimble and agile, but it worked for the warlocks and that was all that mattered.

So as dawn arrived across the land, cascading the world in brilliant hues of wondrous colors, Erd encouraged his brother to take a break. Resting away from the ledges of the cliffs, tucked in a cushioned pillow of long grasses and pressed intimately against one another, the twins chatted like they always did. They hardly needed words, close as they were, bound as they were. A mere knowing glance, an upturned grin, a catching stare, and they knew. It’s just how they were.

Regardless, Erd knew something was different when he saw Ard’s sharp teal eyes go distant as he focused on something on the horizon from their little grassy hovel, and twisting his head to follow his twin’s stare, he blinked, spotting the rich chocolate colors of a familiar figure standing a distance away. Oh. “That’s Rhone,” he commented idly, and nothing could prepare him for Ard’s rather surprising suggestion, nor the positively devilish grin that pulled across his brother’s lips.

’... Let’s sneak up on him.’

Never did Ard have such ideas, you understand. Never was he the willing instigator to have a little bit of fun. Never was he brave enough to cause fun trouble, not since Vreis… Yet Ard had changed a good deal since Erd had gone missing, and it was a telltale sign of the amount of adoration and trust his brother must have for Rhone to want to instigate something like this.

Brows furrowing, Erd thought it over before coming to a conclusion. “Yeah, okay. So long as we don’t scare him and make him fall off the cliff.”

So really, it was Ard’s fault, and Erd just didn’t have the heart to deny him.

“Speaking.”
credits

Messages In This Thread
i'm going back to the start - by Rhone - 03-25-2020, 08:26 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Erd - 03-29-2020, 01:57 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Ard - 03-29-2020, 01:58 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Rhone - 03-29-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Erd - 04-04-2020, 11:33 AM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Ard - 04-04-2020, 11:44 AM