Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i'm going back to the start

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 40 — Threads: 5
Signos: 5
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm only honest when it rains,
An open book with a torn out page,
And my ink's run out.
I want to love you but I don't know how.

As one the twins moved through the tall grasses that grew and stretched before giving way to the rocky crags and sharp edges of the cliff face, picking their paths carefully and moving with a surprising amount of grace and stealth.

Honestly, Ard wasn’t completely sure what had come over him. Chatting with Erd and quite content, the sweat from training drying on their skin and causing him to shiver from the cool breeze that came off of the ocean waters, he had finally felt at peace. The last few seasons had been terribly hard for him, and hardly had he allowed Erd out of his sight, terrified that his brother would be swept away once more by cruel, selfish, greedy hands… But things were improving. They were better. He felt closer to his twin than ever before and things were good...

And so when he had scanned the horizon simply to enjoy the scenery and admire the landscape that was Terrastella and his content stare had found the familiar dark shape of Rhone standing on the horizon, his back to their little hideaway, the young warlock had been unable to help himself. The true surprise, however, had been Erd’s eagerness to participate and go through with it, but clearly his twin was just thrilled that Ard was feeling that mischievous, prankish streak once more.

It had been a very, very long time since he had felt so happy.

They crept through the brush, grasses, and stepped cautiously over rocks so as not to alert Rhone of their approach. Unfortunately while they were quick and nimble and efficient messengers, the Luminous twins weren’t really stealthy. They’d hardly had a reason to be, not when their primary use back home had just been flinging spells and causing utter destruction. Even now with the Halcyon, stealth wasn’t in their repertoire, and so neither he nor his brother were terribly surprised when Rhone seemed to pick up on their approach before they had gotten close enough to get the jump on them.

Rhone’s words echoed across the sound of the crashing waves far, far down below, and Ard let out a rough sigh, frowning a little as the older stallion turned his head to regard them with a fond little smile. Without even thinking, Ard smiled back, his ears perking up as he dared to be the first to approach.

“We tried to sneak up on you,” he supplied, finding no trouble in being the first to converse with their earthly colored friend, “Guess we aren’t really that stealthy, huh?” And he smiled, broad and joyful, his eyes glittering in the morning light.

Strange, wasn’t it? That not so long ago he had distrusted this kind hearted, gentle fellow. Ard hadn’t hated him, but he had disliked him… Yet Rhone had helped him find Erd, had proven himself to be stalwart and available and thoughtful and kind, had helped him when no one else would, and Ard would remember such a selfless act he had committed in the younger twin’s time of grievous need.

The two warlocks moved closer so they were standing on either side of Rhone, and if the larger stallion would permit it, Ard boldly shifted to press his side against their dear friend’s legs. He couldn’t use words to express how he felt. With Erd, he never needed to… But he hoped that Rhone would understand his intimate actions, for actions spoke far louder than words.

“Morning.”

“Speaking.”
credits

@Rhone <3

Messages In This Thread
i'm going back to the start - by Rhone - 03-25-2020, 08:26 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Erd - 03-29-2020, 01:57 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Ard - 03-29-2020, 01:58 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Rhone - 03-29-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Erd - 04-04-2020, 11:33 AM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Ard - 04-04-2020, 11:44 AM